SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 13-10-14, 06:02 PM   #61
geordieandy

Default Re: Tyreleader - Anyone used them?

Hi all

Just a warning about Tyreleader to those looks to buy from them. Beware of their cancellation costs / fees!

Ordered some tyres but cancelled them via their online ticketing system shortly after ordering as realised I had made a mistake in ordering them. I received no response from their online ticketing system despite it being within their so called office hours then 24 hours later get notification the tyres had shipped so followed their terms and conditions and refused delivery from the courier for the tyres I did not want. This company is now trying to charge me £25 per tyre as a fee for returning something which I cancelled and did not accept delivery for which is actually about 75% of the cost I paid including delivery originally for 4 tyres which is NOT stated anywhere on their web site or in their terms and conditions.

As a result of all this I have now paid £100 and have no tyres!
Old 13-10-14, 06:37 PM   #62
DJ123
Mega Poster

The t's & c's don't stipulate a nominal fee, but it does state the buyer covers the cost of returning the goods;

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-14, 06:48 PM   #63
geordieandy

Aye I can read that bit myself but have you ever bought something online that charged around 70% of the original purchase price to cover such a return which in my case is £100 off a £150 order!?

Also I cancelled my order via their online ticketing system (they have no phone number) before they had even despatched them and since posting this I have read people have tried to cancel within an hour or so of ordering having realised they had mistakenly ordered the wrong tread etc and still had to go through this process of refusing the delivery which they state you should do in such circumstances inc if the order you get is wrong. I actually offered to let them keep 25% of the order cost I'm now going to try and dispute the whole thing with my credit card company which should cover me seeing as the order is over £100 but will see how that goes.
Old 13-10-14, 07:10 PM   #64
DJ123
Mega Poster

Most companies have a fixed fee they charge for a delivery refusal or order cancellation. In this instance it appears to be £25 per item ordered. I don't know their in's and outs of the orders or returns, nor for dealing with a company registered in Europe.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-14, 10:39 AM   #65
ManMango

My thoughts would be that if you can prove you cancelled the order before notification was send that they where either 'picking' 'dispatching' 'in transit' or any of that stuff then you shouldn't have to pay anything!

A lot of companies however do have a clause which covers a 'restocking fee' which I imagine covers things like return deliveries to warehouses etc. This restocking fee would normally be 10-20% of the product value for example.

Charging £25 per tyre is excessive unless it was 4 completely separate orders.

If no luck through the company itself I would advise speaking to your bank and refusing payment/claiming back any payment on the grounds that you received nothing from the company in the transaction and any delivery attempt that they made was a mistake on THEIR part as you cancelled in good time.