SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-05-14, 08:11 AM   #41
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Default Re: Road Rage - Do you?

Hello Bananaman,

I remember being over your side of the pond years ago and some fud cut us up while my missus was driving on the highway. I went tonto for a second only to remember your fondness for firearms.

Sat on my hands the rest of the trip!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 05:35 PM   #42
Nutsinatin

I had a good one yesterday morning, I was leaving the A329M on a two lane slip road in the right hand lane when a BMW came belting down the left hand lane of the slip road (I was doing 70 + VAT and they flew past me) hit their brakes then pulled right into the side of me forcing me (as I was now passing as they had slowed considerably) back onto the motorway across the hashed area and the hard shoulder (still doing at least 60) with traffic in the lane, sounding his horn and gesticulating wildly whilst banging on the window with me pressed up against the side of it. He then floored it off after undertaking and cutting in and out of traffic to get away.

I pulled onto the hard shoulder to try and compose myself after that, also hoping that someone else who may have seen his registration would stop, but no one did. Bike came off pretty well with only a few small scratches, so all I can hope is that there is a nice big knee/bar end sized dent in his door, it's the least he deserves!
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 05:51 PM   #43
PyroUK
Mega Poster

Default Road Rage - Do you?

Jeez! You're lucky your nuts really aren't in a tin now! Glad you are ok and no major damage to the bike!
Old 01-05-14, 06:29 PM   #44
Red Herring
Mega Poster

Always at a disadvantage when they are bigger than you. This chap had the same problem....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152481626285348
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 06:43 PM   #45
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutsinatin View Post
I had a good one yesterday morning, I was leaving the A329M on a two lane slip road in the right hand lane when a BMW came belting down the left hand lane of the slip road (I was doing 70 + VAT and they flew past me) hit their brakes then pulled right into the side of me forcing me (as I was now passing as they had slowed considerably) back onto the motorway across the hashed area and the hard shoulder (still doing at least 60) with traffic in the lane, sounding his horn and gesticulating wildly whilst banging on the window with me pressed up against the side of it. He then floored it off after undertaking and cutting in and out of traffic to get away.

I pulled onto the hard shoulder to try and compose myself after that, also hoping that someone else who may have seen his registration would stop, but no one did. Bike came off pretty well with only a few small scratches, so all I can hope is that there is a nice big knee/bar end sized dent in his door, it's the least he deserves!
i have to ask why?
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-14, 08:59 PM   #46
Nutsinatin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroUK View Post
Jeez! You're lucky your nuts really aren't in a tin now! Glad you are ok and no major damage to the bike!
I like that, that really made me laugh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
Always at a disadvantage when they are bigger than you. This chap had the same problem....

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152481626285348
Lets hope he doesn't get his hands on one of those or I'll really be in trouble next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i have to ask why?
I presume you mean why he felt the need to do this ? Because he's an idiot. We had fog with visibility at 50m best and I was going irresponsibly fast let alone what he was doing. My best guess is that he took the wrong exit, the slip road feeds straight onto the M4 so he'd have to go onto the next junction to turn around, and clearly he was in a hurry for something! He was bigger and probably didn't even look when he pulled into the side of me or maybe presumed I'd give way to him because Mr. Important was in a big rush. I doubt he even thought of the consequences of what would happen if he knocked me off at that speed in those conditions and that I would just get out of his way. The A329M had been closed due to an accident for a while with queues a few miles long, so I'm sure that wound him up too, and made him late for whatever he was doing.

All I can hope is there is that there is a nice dent in the side of his car and when he sees it he realises how dangerous what he did was and maybe doesn't do it again, but he's a bully so I think thats hoping for too much.
Blue K9 Pointy #2 - Nearly at 120,000 miles!
Nutsinatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-14, 07:56 AM   #47
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

What could have been a road rage incident today was just a quiet moment of reflection.

Carol and I have just borrowed a friends scooter to ride to the 7Eleven in Samui, after less than a minute on the road a very large 4x4 pulled out of a side road with no consideration that traffic was coming from both sides. This made all of the traffic screech to a halt and sadly the rather battered and over whelmed scooter brakes proved to be not that great and although we avoided the 4x4 we did not avoid hitting the road.

The injury I already have has been inflamed and I have a nice bruise on my arris! The 4x4 driver just drove away with out even bothering to check if we were OK and the rest of the traffic from both sides of the road just drove around us until we could get the scooter back on its wheels.

Did I have any road rage? Not a bit, I just got back up and checked Carol and smiled, glad that we were not hurt. Back home I think that Carol would have got up and punched several bells out of the driver for making us crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-14, 02:44 PM   #48
Geodude
Mega Poster

Eek what you like you two, you're not Evel K'jaynel glad you girls are ok though. Oh and ta laydees the postmans been

Electrical fault finding guide and Regulator rectifier test

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
Geodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-14, 06:40 PM   #49
Red ones
Mega Poster

Default Road Rage - Do you?

Had one today.

I'm going round a roundabout and a guy in a van pulls out in front of me gesticulating as though we believes I **********. We both exit the roundabout in the same direction only to find we stop next to each other at a set of lights, so he winds his window down and shouts sweary words at me.

Now remember he joined the roundabout after I was on it, so we had not met on the road before and there is no history.

I decided a little further down the road to pull up between a filling station and a bus stop, thinking just let him disappear and ruin someone else's day. Oh no, not him! He stops with me and gets out shouting at me (with the queue at the bus stop watching).

I waited until he was out of the car stropping towards me, then rode off leaving him on the stropping in front of the bus queue.

WTF?
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-14, 04:42 PM   #50
chris8886
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
I waited until he was out of the car stropping towards me, then rode off leaving him on the stropping in front of the bus queue.

haha, very good, well done sir!
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote