SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-01-16, 01:16 PM   #101
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Films I've watched recently...

I went to see the new Star Wars and try as I liked, I didn't enjoy it. Harrison Ford didn't really fit in & neither did Carrie Fisher too old. All the other actors seemed very young, there didn't seem to be any actors in the middle age group. Sorry

I watched The Loft this morning & it was very watchable

maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 03:47 PM   #102
Ch00

Saw this on the telly the other night and was looking forward to it but it was rubbish! They should have left it alone after the last one.
Old 03-01-16, 04:18 PM   #103
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Films I've watched recently...

Watched it too last night, not sure why I sat all the way through it !!! Not the best in the series of Die Hard films.

SPOILER ALERT

Also was dissappointed with SWTFA, just a remake of episode 4 & 5 !!! nothing new, nothing to get excited about, shame really, was really looking forward to it. My 2 daughters enjoyed it, but they haven't watched Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back, so it was new to them.

I also watched True Grit yesterday, this is such a cinematic treat, could watch it 10 times and not get bored.

I also watched Troll Hunter, a danish film with it's tongue jammed into it's cheek, not the greatest of cinematic treat, but worth a watch for something slightly different from the norm.

Jurrasic World, another pointless remake with huge super evil mutant dinosaurs, like normal dinosaurs aren't dangerous enough !!!! One for the kids.
Old 03-01-16, 04:30 PM   #104
pookie

Jurassic World

A continuation of Jurassic park series rather than a reboot. Its been a few years and they've come up with some hair brained idea that it will work again. Dont get me wrong, I wish Jurassic world actually existed and would be more than happy give it a visit knowing I might be veloceraptor breakfast.

Yes there are dinosaurs, kids, guns and a psychotic warmongering nutter. The weird characters and high body count doesn't satisfy your appetite nor the dinosaurs' as they rampage for more breakfast.
It is easy on the eye with plenty of Jurassic park references, the visual effects are striking and some of the concepts are novel. The film comes across as a patchwork quilt of ideas rather than a flowing story, leaving you scanning for the next person to be eaten.

Unfortunately Jurassic world is a bit of a split personality of neither a kids film nor a 18+ gore fest. It does leave you feeling a bit "meh". Kids for breakfast would've have made it more exciting 6/10.
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future

Last edited by pookie; 03-01-16 at 04:57 PM.
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 04:37 PM   #105
Mickle

Watched despicable me the other day, really enjoyed it, the little black furry thing with teeth reminded me so much of my little dog ( see avatar )
Mickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 04:46 PM   #106
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch00 View Post

Saw this on the telly the other night and was looking forward to it but it was rubbish! They should have left it alone after the last one.
Yep, utter garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIII View Post
Watched it too last night, not sure why I sat all the way through it !!! Not the best in the series of Die Hard films.

SPOILER ALERT

Also was disappointed with SWTFA, just a remake of episode 4 & 5 !!! nothing new, nothing to get excited about, shame really, was really looking forward to it. My 2 daughters enjoyed it, but they haven't watched Star Wars & Empire Strikes Back, so it was new to them.
Glad it wasn't just me then. My youngest enjoyed it too, I guess because it was on the big screen. Not as bad as the last 2 films, just thin on everything.

I'd like to see Star Wars on a big screen again. I don't remember going to se ESB at the cinema.

Quote:
I also watched True Grit yesterday, this is such a cinematic treat, could watch it 10 times and not get bored.
Yep, I started to watch it, before the WiiU was turned on.

Quote:
I also watched Troll Hunter, a danish film with it's tongue jammed into it's cheek, not the greatest of cinematic treat, but worth a watch for something slightly different from the norm.

Jurrasic World, another pointless remake with huge super evil mutant dinosaurs, like normal dinosaurs aren't dangerous enough !!!! One for the kids.
Haven't managed to watch any of the Jurassic ones all the way through.

I started to watch Air Force One last night, then gave up after watching them do ridiculous things with CGi & a 747. Then I flipped over to Kingsmen, which started off ok & then got a bit too violent, silly & preposterous toward the end.
Old 03-01-16, 04:47 PM   #107
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickle View Post
Watched despicable me the other day, really enjoyed it, the little black furry thing with teeth reminded me so much of my little dog ( see avatar )
Yep, its going to be a classic I think
Old 03-01-16, 06:02 PM   #108
yokohama

If anyone is into tacky B movies, the Horror channel excels. I watched 'the Human Centipede' last night. Not really horror but quite entertaining.

I was really disappointed with Die Hard - the Russian one too.
yokohama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-16, 06:38 PM   #109
maviczap
Mega Poster

I also watched the original version of War of the Worlds the other day. I still think its a great film and ahead of its time?

Old 03-01-16, 07:36 PM   #110
AlexAdams

We watched Antman, surprisingly entertaining and original.