SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Ancillaries Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on various other bits and bobs, such as rearsets, oil, engine bits.

Old 29-11-07, 09:33 PM   #1
StreetHawk

Default RAM Camera mount - Where to fit?

I've got a RAM mount now (thanks Plowsie ) but can't find a decent place to mount it. I've attached it to the mirror arm but the vibrations are too much (I ride an 04 ZX6R with rock hard suspension).. Can't find anywhere else to mount it.. Any ideas or any suggestions of how I can keep it on the mirror arm but cancel out some vibration?

Cheers!
Old 29-11-07, 11:51 PM   #2
ASM-Forever

Default Re: RAM Camera mount - Where to fit?

Rubber grommets either side of the mounting point might help. You might also try tightening up the mirror and seeing if that helps. Of course i have no direct experience of this so am fireing blind.
Old 30-11-07, 02:19 PM   #3
Warthog

Woo will you be filming our ride-outs?! Cool
Old 02-12-07, 12:31 PM   #4
StreetHawk

Hopefully, if I can get a better quality video, the vibrations ruin it, see here

Old 02-12-07, 05:22 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

I prefer your other video.
Old 03-12-07, 03:16 PM   #6
Warthog

I see what you are doing wrong. At 00:53 seconds into the video, when Hetfield comes in on the first verse, you really needed to pull a large wheelie. HTH.
Old 03-12-07, 03:17 PM   #7
Warthog

On a serious note, I think the vibrations on the video are actually from a loose camera. They look a bit shakey to me, rather than vibey vibrations caused by a bike. Have you tried tightening it all more securely? Cos it is bouncing around too much.
Old 03-12-07, 05:20 PM   #8
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
On a serious note, I think the vibrations on the video are actually from a loose camera. They look a bit shakey to me, rather than vibey vibrations caused by a bike. Have you tried tightening it all more securely? Cos it is bouncing around too much.
It's a RAM mount, the camera screws onto it , it was as tight as it can be! The mirrors vibrate, that's the problem.. I need to mount it somewhere else but haven't had chance to look properly yet.
Old 03-12-07, 05:30 PM   #9
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
I see what you are doing wrong. At 00:53 seconds into the video, when Hetfield comes in on the first verse, you really needed to pull a large wheelie. HTH.

Haven't learnt to wheelie yet! Who's Hetfield anyway?
Old 03-12-07, 08:55 PM   #10
FG1

What about one of the brackets which fits to the fuel cap surround and films through the screen.
I've just got one and my Panasonic dvd camera films through a tinted screen OK, only problem is I need a recorder which copies straight on to memory card as the disc keeps corrupting at the moment.

This is the one I have just bought.
http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=100663

Last edited by FG1; 03-12-07 at 11:33 PM.