SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-07-17, 03:29 PM   #4631
Heorot

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Someone on freecycle wanted a printer cartridge I was offering. They then asked me to drop it off at their home 10 miles away. Cheek!

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 05:36 PM   #4632
Red ones
Mega Poster

Work colleagues who ask for an expert opinion then go and ask a complete outsider with no experience and take their opinion in preference.
This on a day when the budget holder for training refused to process my request for funds despite the request being agreed by 5 other people above them in the company. They had the balls to ask why I needed training. Maybe I should have said "so I know how to do away with your desk"
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-17, 07:34 PM   #4633
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Trains that are so hot and crowded that if you transported cattle in them it would be illegal.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-17, 11:37 AM   #4634
embee
Mega Poster

Probably a repeat, but cyclists out in the countryside wearing all black lycra, or worse black with green patches. Seems to be an epidemic of them. On a bright day with dark shadows from hedges they are invisible. Do they have their sense of self preservation surgically removed when they buy a push bike?
Old 06-07-17, 01:32 PM   #4635
DomP

Waiting until the last full day of our holiday in Cornwall to pluck up the guts to get in the sea for a swim - of sorts! Last time I swam was 19 years ago when I was 19 and my oldest was in the womb. So much time lost

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-17, 06:52 PM   #4636
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Probably a repeat, but cyclists out in the countryside wearing all black lycra, or worse black with green patches. Seems to be an epidemic of them. On a bright day with dark shadows from hedges they are invisible. Do they have their sense of self preservation surgically removed when they buy a push bike?
Trouble is, that all Lycra shorts are black these days, and that forms a big portion that you see of us cyclists.

Fashion dictates the colour of the jerseys and black is a popular colour at the moment, blame Team Sky and other pro teams who wear dark colours. In the 90's team colours were a lot more colourful, and everyone was happy to wear them. But cycling is a very fashion conscious sport these days, I'm overwhelmed by the number of small boutique cycling apparel sellers these days, and their equally ridiculous prices.

The dayglow stuff is hideous and doesn't help us get seen any better when we're on the road.

Bit like Hi Viz motorcycle gear, how many people ride in it and like it?
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 07:49 PM   #4637
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by embee View Post
Equally true of tarmac coloured cars and folk who ride a multicoloured bike and wear camo gear that breaks up their shape.
Old 06-07-17, 08:08 PM   #4638
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Bloke I used to work with spent £10,000 on a bike, carbon fibre everywhere. Another mate who cycles (but with more sense than money) said cycling can be a very snobby sport these days, don't bother turning up to some clubs if you bike didn't cost at least 3K and your gear another 2.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 08:15 PM   #4639
DomP

My brother has a really expensive carbon fibre road bike just for brags, rides I've very occasionally. What's that all about?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
Old 06-07-17, 08:56 PM   #4640
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

I have a second hand bicycle with a basket on the front, a rack on the back, a comfy seat and.... a bell. It gets me to the shops and back just as well as one that costs £10k.

It goes well with my £114 Swatch which tells the time just as well as the £60,000 Hublot I had to hold a few weeks ago at a shoot.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk