SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-11-11, 01:58 AM   #1
CT0312

Default Mini Midi Max which Fuel exhaust?

Hi peeps. I had a little search and didnt find any good info so i was just wondering what would be the best one of the fuel exhausts to get. My sv has a standard exhaust so could really do with a nicer sounding one to give some emphasis when holding the throttle down, but what isnt too loud and going to get all the attention. Im struggling to decide between a midi or max exhaust from the fuel website. Im sure a fair few of you out there have them so was just wondering on some of your opinions?
Old 28-11-11, 01:41 AM   #2
SVSiggy

Default Re: Mini Midi Max which Fuel exhaust?

CT
Get the Fuel mini oval in carbon look. You won't be disappointed. On the black curvey it will look great. I bought one for my faired blue pointy to replace the standard can, looks brilliant and sounds good.
20minutes to fit.
Regards
Siggy
Old 28-11-11, 06:53 AM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

I used to have the Fuel Titanium oval on mine. Full length gives a deeper boom than a stubby. I did stubby mine, it lasted 3 days before I changed to another full sized can as I couldn't do with the noise (I am old)

Full Size.

Stubbied.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 09:36 AM   #4
speedyctr

I have been looking around also and I am pretty sure I'll go for round stainless Midi from Fuel as want the sound and it's slighlty shorter than OEM. I have read on here to steer clear of the carbon look exhaust.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...on+can+rattled

Beowulf do a black powder coated finish that might interest you.
speedyctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 10:28 AM   #5
CT0312

Thanks for the replies. I didnt know that about the carbon at all. Ill keep away from them. I have watched a few videos and i think the mini might be a bit too loud but i never see the midi(400mm) anywhere. I am interested in one but i also noticed that the delkevic exhausts still sounds nice with the baffle in unlike the fuels where my baffle would definately accidently slip out. Also with the delkevic, the oval exhausts are the same price as the round ones which is alot cheaper than the +15 for the fuels but they dont do 400mm sizes. Hmmmm

Last edited by CT0312; 28-11-11 at 10:29 AM.
Old 28-11-11, 10:46 AM   #6
speedyctr

I take it you know about the discount from Fuel? Free delivery and lifetime guarantee too. Apart from youtube I unfortunately dont know how either of them sound.
speedyctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 10:56 AM   #7
CT0312

Yea i noticed the discount before but a SS Oval Fuel with stamp is 160 - 16(10%) so 144.00 with free delivery. The Delkevic SS Oval are 125.00 with postage so it isnt a huge price difference but it leans it in their favour.
Old 28-11-11, 11:04 AM   #8
maviczap
Mega Poster

Fuel mini in stainless, lovely sound and look. Pretty sure I got mine for about £125

maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-11, 11:23 AM   #9
CT0312

Yea the mini do look the best but probably a bit noisy for riding the streets of Bristol. There is enough police about too. Just seems like extra hassle especially as i live quite close to a den. Yours was 20 cheaper because you didnt go oval. Im thinking either 400mm Fuel or 450mm Delk. I heard fuel is a completely English small company so i should support them really while Delv is a bit bigger and have links with Germany and sell internationally.
Old 28-11-11, 11:29 AM   #10
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyctr View Post
I have been looking around also and I am pretty sure I'll go for round stainless Midi from Fuel as want the sound and it's slighlty shorter than OEM. I have read on here to steer clear of the carbon look exhaust.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.p...on+can+rattled

Beowulf do a black powder coated finish that might interest you.
I had a carbon can on mine for about 12 months, used every day & had no issues with it at all. In fact it is still in the shed if ever I think about changing back to the SV rear end
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote