SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-02-06, 04:20 PM   #1
thor

Default Maxi scooters

Anyone got one?

Thinking of upgrading my Majesty125 to something faster and more comfortable (and less ragged). I am keeping the SV for an out of town bike, and the scooter would be for inner city work (work, shopping, going out) where the underseat storage and weather protection is really handy.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

And don't take the **** 'cos it's a scooter.
Old 23-02-06, 11:04 AM   #2
huge

I've been thinking of this as well. Spent hols in Italy and loads of bikers have scooters for every day use.

I fancy one of the new Vespa's, the latest version.

My bro had the last one and cos it's a metal monocoque it lasted really well (even in Roman traffic!!) In fact a bit of battering adds to the character.

But I also fancy the supercharged Speedfights - would be a lot of fun. But what would mpg be like I wonder?

I still think the superscoots are a bit ott. I mean a 500cc scoot for town?? But havin seen a TMax on a trackday they can be a laff.
Old 23-02-06, 11:06 AM   #3
thor

There's a 200cc vespa, but the vespas are expensive. The components are a bit cack too.
Old 23-02-06, 12:18 PM   #4
ivantate

I picked up a Piaggio X9 500 from London a couple of weeks ago.

Seemed good enough, cruise at 80 and plenty of acceleration.
Dont think it is much less manoueverable in town than the 250 or 125 as they seem very similar.