SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 23-05-05, 02:33 PM   #1
Valman

Default Pirelli Diablo Strada any good?

So anyone know if they're any good?

The reason I ask is Essential Rubber have run out of Metz Z6 Fronts and haven't had any for a while but they have recommended the Diablo Strada as they are supposed to be exactly the same.
Old 23-05-05, 02:37 PM   #2
Carsick

Dr Squid has a set on his thou. He hadn't done many miles when he posted about them, but he seemed happy.
Old 23-05-05, 02:59 PM   #3
Valman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsick
Dr Squid has a set on his thou. He hadn't done many miles when he posted about them, but he seemed happy.
I forgot to ask him on Friday about them and no one has written anything good/bad on them yet so I was thinking it might be safer to go for the Road Attacks.
Old 23-05-05, 03:20 PM   #4
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Strada any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valman
Pirelli Diablo Strada any good?
Yes, we like.

Still an unknown quantity re: life, but work nice, slighty rounder profile than the Attacks = marginally slower steering, might be a dab stiffer carcass, thus a bit less sensitive to pressures.

Overall good, if you can't get the Contis buy these, no need for concern.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-05, 03:36 PM   #5
Valman

Default Re: Pirelli Diablo Strada any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Quote:
Pirelli Diablo Strada any good?
Yes, we like.

Still an unknown quantity re: life, but work nice, slighty rounder profile than the Attacks = marginally slower steering, might be a dab stiffer carcass, thus a bit less sensitive to pressures.

Overall good, if you can't get the Contis buy these, no need for concern.
Thanks for that Dr Squid. I really want something that warms up quick, my commute to work is only 10 miles, offer decent grip and are much better than the D220.

If you had a choice between the Road Attacks and these, which would you go for though?
Old 23-05-05, 03:44 PM   #6
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

As above, if they only have the Pirellis, buy them, they will give you no cause to dislike them at all, given the choice I'd probably go with the Contis, but only 'cos I know them and I know how long they last, not that I could say that I preferrred either tyre in any tangible way.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

Old 23-05-05, 03:51 PM   #7
Valman

Quote:
As above, if they only have the Pirellis, buy them, they will give you no cause to dislike them at all, given the choice I'd probably go with the Contis, but only 'cos I know them and I know how long they last, not that I could say that I preferrred either tyre in any tangible way.
They've got both the Road Attacks and the Diablo Strada in stock but they don't have the Z6's. Also I'm getting a 47t sprocket put on as well so would that change your decision?
Old 23-05-05, 03:58 PM   #8
redeye321

I was after a pair of Z6s at the weekend, I was told that there are none in the country at the moment. Must be a popular tyre.
Old 23-05-05, 05:41 PM   #9
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
They've got both the Road Attacks and the Diablo Strada in stock but they don't have the Z6's. Also I'm getting a 47t sprocket put on as well so would that change your decision?
Diablo Strada = Z6, so not much to choose there anyway, which name do you like?

Sprockety changes make no difference.

Old 01-06-05, 09:14 AM   #10
SVeeedy Gonzales

Quote:
Quote:
Diablo Strada = Z6, so not much to choose there anyway, which name do you like?

Sprockety changes make no difference.
I was just gonna ask about that - my dealer says he can't get a hold of Z6 rears for now, but he can fit a diablo strada and it's the same thing - was a little concerned but if they're the same tyre under a different name, that's good enough for me. Cheers Sid!