SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2010 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2010 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 01-10-09, 07:02 AM   #431
orose

Default Re: AR10 Chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManxMatt34 View Post
Orose, think we were being kindly nudged to ask in here.

What Vango would you recommend?
Alpha series are pretty good - I upgraded last year from a 200 (Pt6 had one this year) to a 300. Packed, I got the 200 comfortably across the tail of my pointy bungeed to a tailpack and panniers and the 300 doesn't seem that much bigger. Acid test will be next weekend when I try and load the triple up.
Old 01-10-09, 07:16 AM   #432
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
there was already a few threads kicking about, so i think once the AR10 section was born all the chat was thrown in here, this thread has been going for a month already.
Might have been going for a month in Idle banter perhaps, I've heard others talk of a suggested venue but as IB was where it was it obviously couldn't be finalised without opening up to those that just use primerily the bike related parts of the forum,IB was just somewhere to kill time and save the important sections from filling with carp,but nowhere important, I wasn't aware it was now the crucible of forum decisions, in which case it's probably fairer to rename it

Can't say I'm really fussed where or when; to be honest, just found it amusing that if you don't use IB, and were perhaps waiting for an AR section for discussion, you'd be way to late, I mean it's almost 2 months since the last one...

Just as a matter of interest which threads were moved here and which started in the AR10 SECTION ?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 01-10-09 at 07:19 AM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 07:26 AM   #433
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
Might have been going for a month in Idle banter perhaps, I've heard others talk of a suggested venue but as IB was where it was it obviously couldn't be finalised without opening up to those that just use primerily the bike related parts of the forum,IB was just somewhere to kill time and save the important sections from filling with carp,but nowhere important, I wasn't aware it was now the crucible of forum decisions, in which case it's probably fairer to rename it

Can't say I'm really fussed where or when; to be honest, just found it amusing that if you don't use IB, and were perhaps waiting for an AR section for discussion, you'd be way to late, I mean it's almost 2 months since the last one...

Just as a matter of interest which threads were moved here and which started in the AR10 SECTION ?

Morning Mark,

I can't speak for why it was put in IB, although the traffic is maybe the greatest in IB. However, although it has only been a short while since AR09, talk was already turning to AR10 when we were in Essex as Hovis had made it clear he would liek to host AR10 in Wales. He got a few people on board, it was discussed and decided that it would be voted on, so that's what happened.

We have a fantastic venue, but one that could only hold the available weekends for a short period of time. So, rather than just decide we needed to make the decision within a certain time frame, we had a poll about how long we should wait before making a decision. Then we had a poll over the dates.

Hope that at least answers that last portion of your posts. One positive for you is that your fantastic camera will LOVE the venue. The views and roads are amazing.

Oh, no threads have started in the AR10 section as yet. There will be an official AR10 thread for serious questions starting soon. x

Last edited by gruntygiggles; 01-10-09 at 07:28 AM.
gruntygiggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-09, 07:56 AM   #434
rictus01
Mega Poster

I think it was one of the Soho guys chatting about it baskavile hall isn't it, I think I've been there in the past, and yes a lovely place, I don't think it was intentional, but as I said all done and dusted in IB, if as you say it was posted there for speed of responce, then IB is not for what I believed it to be (and I was around for it's inception), on the odd occasion I throw a post up in there, but it's when I'm wasting time and of no great importance, but normally I'm directed there from others who pass me links to relivent threads as I don't trawl that section, it being non bike related, I would guess there are others the same, but perhaps just me

It does leave a slight quandry though, what other important things am I likely to miss ?

Still I hope it all goes well for you, you're plenty of time anyway, I'm fully aware of the difficulties of organising such things and wish you luck in it all, and at the end of the day it's the attendees make it what it has always been

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
Old 01-10-09, 08:32 AM   #435
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
at the end of the day it's the attendees make it what it has always been

Cheers Mark.
And there it is, all summed up nicely by you.....so we hope you can come and take more piccies......shameless flattery there, but seriously, AR09 was so fab, I just hope we can do the same

As for the AR threads being in IB, it's the only place for it as far as I believe as talk of rideouts is for planned rideouts, whereas we were discussing the planning and all bike related sections are just that, bike related not rideout related. IB also gets higher traffic than any other section and this thread has had over 6,300 views, so I think, in the interests of democracy, the best thing was done.

True, we do all view the forum in different ways. Most I have asked (when I first joined) look at "new posts" and so would see it then, but I can only apologise to those that have not seen it, no-ones fault, but hopefully everyone will be happy with the process.

So....will we be seeing you next year???
Old 01-10-09, 08:50 AM   #436
rictus01
Mega Poster

02 check

03 organised

04 check

05 made the end of the rideout 32 hours after amputation.

06 check

07 organised, didn't finish the rideout, but sat at the side of the road unable to stand (pushed a little to hard)

08 attended, but didn't do the rideout

O9 spent the weekend in the knee brace, then the following week unable to walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post

So....will we be seeing you next year???
Guess........

Cheers Mark
Old 01-10-09, 08:52 AM   #437
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
02 check

03 organised

04 check

05 made the end of the rideout 32 hours after amputation.

06 check

07 organised, didn't finish the rideout, but sat at the side of the road unable to stand (pushed a little to hard)

08 attended, but didn't do the rideout

O9 spent the weekend in the knee brace, then the following week unable to walk.

Guess........

Cheers Mark
Wow......well firstly I hope next year you are not in a knee brace, able to do the rideout, haven't recently had an amputation and are also able to stand. Although, if there are any issue, I'm sure we could get Bear to carry you to the Swimming pool for a little R&R
Old 02-10-09, 10:20 AM   #438
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefishman View Post
maybe we should have a pre AR as it is that good.
indeed.

end oct early nov

just a few of us getting together for the weekend, and doing some of the route

http://79.123.35.161/showthread.php?t=140168
Old 02-10-09, 04:18 PM   #439
ManxMatt34

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
indeed.

end oct early nov

just a few of us getting together for the weekend, and doing some of the route

http://79.123.35.161/showthread.php?t=140168
If it's between 7th-23rd november i'm game.
Old 02-10-09, 04:29 PM   #440
hovis

have you voted?>