SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 30-12-10, 09:12 AM   #31
G
Mega Poster

Default Re: So whats your plans for 2011 ?

My my 2010 was not the best, pretty stressful, crap job, no money... then got better in the second half with a new job.

So 2011..

I want to actually ride my bike, didn't get much riding done in 2010 because of money and then time.

I want to go camping on my bike in Scotland (far north), bought a tiny tent and tiny sleeping bag already for this.

I want to go to europe for at least 7 days, maybe longer... I had to pull out of a trip in 2009 because of jobs and beed gutted about it ever since.... so this year I have saved a **** load and will go without worrying. As a minimum I want to make a racket through the Monaco tunnel in just shorts and flip flops.

I want to start enjoying myself mainly, without always worrying and stressing.
Old 30-12-10, 09:23 AM   #32
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

No plans in particular, apart from adjusting to life without a bike for as long as it takes Pete's eyes to be 'bike-safe' again. Could be three months, six months, a year, never.

Not going to be depressed about it though, we've had some fantastic times and we can still get out and about in the car.

Can't filter for **** though!

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 09:34 AM   #33
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
No plans in particular, apart from adjusting to life without a bike for as long as it takes Pete's eyes to be 'bike-safe' again. Could be three months, six months, a year, never.

Not going to be depressed about it though, we've had some fantastic times and we can still get out and about in the car.

it will be clean when it gets back out though ey?
Old 30-12-10, 09:38 AM   #34
Lissa
Just Ballast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
it will be clean when it gets back out though ey?
Of course! Although whether that's with us or a new owner is still to be seen. At the moment it's tucked up in the front room, and is staying there for the time being until we see how things pan out.

I'd Rather Have Two Big Bangs Than Four Little Strokes
Lissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 09:56 AM   #35
kitkat

going to lose weight, hope to ride raptor again, visit my mum and dad more. Going to lots of toddler groups with Libby despite me hating them. Try and save some money by cycling and walking more.
Old 30-12-10, 10:00 AM   #36
Silky

I just hope my previously broken thumb doesn't need further surgery and I can grip things tight enough to scrap the 955 (thanks for pulling out old lady) and buy an SV for a track bike.

Gonna be on a health kick too, been making excuses and woken up to the fact I don't walk, run etc on my hands. Time to get back in the gym!!!
Silky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-10, 10:22 AM   #37
fenjer

2010 was by comparison with 2009 an amazing year for me - went to loads of fun things, the GM, the AR, concerts, shows, weddings etc, visited friends near and far - Berlin, Cardiff, Leicester etc met loads of fantastic people, got a new car, had a lot of fun... 2011 has a lot to live up to...

It's going to start fairly well though, fun things planned, a 5 week stint in Lincoln, the GM, the AR, then I qualify from Uni in September, graduate in November and then there's a huge life changing decision looming, which may see me further from here than ever before....
Old 30-12-10, 12:15 PM   #38
Fizzy Fish

Quote:

Fingers crossed that things work out for you guys to get back riding again

BTW do you find that you keep being late for everything now that you go by car? I can't get used to having to find and pay for parking either!
Old 30-12-10, 01:51 PM   #39
slark01

2011 is pretty much going to be the same as 2010. No money and a hike in expenses.
Just got back in touch with my uncle, only to find out he's dying of cancer and has not got long.
Hey ho c'est la vie.
Stil happy!

Ste

Tapatalk
Old 30-12-10, 02:27 PM   #40
stewie

Quote:

Sorry to hear it Lissa, hope alls well soon as possible