SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-02-06, 02:56 PM   #1
jim@55

Default sony psp question

anybody know this one,,my son has a psp and wants to send stuff from the pc to it ,we have the proper link cable but no joy ,basically the pc is not recognising the psp .when we put a mp3 player in -no prob (send to,removable disk)but with the psp its no joy ,.when we click send to it doesnt give us the option to send to the psp ive been through the places to send it to (removable disk g,h ,etc) do we have to make any changes at the settings on the comp??the mp3 was no bother just plug in and away we went
Old 04-02-06, 02:59 PM   #2
Sudoxe

If your running XP install service pack 2. My brother had the same problem.

Dan
Old 04-02-06, 03:07 PM   #3
rigor

You have to enable the USB connection on the PSP. Settings menu, USB connection. Do this with the cable in and it should pop up.

I guess you've probably already done this, but just checking
Old 04-02-06, 04:28 PM   #4
jim@55

ive enabled the usb connection on the psp and now the tracks are being transferred no prob ,when i transfer them theres a light on the psp that flashes to let you know that its accepting data ,but when i go to play them it says'there are no tracks' wtf!seem to b doing everything in the manual for psp and still no joy its prob something really simple but im stumped,any more ideas folks?
Old 04-02-06, 10:06 PM   #5
GC-SV

I am having the same problem with my son's PSP.
I will also try what has been suggested and hopefully solve my problem.

It is very frustrating when you are unable to sort things out for your children. They expect you to know it all and sometimes PC probs. are not that straight forward to sort out. Maybe I am getting too old and its time to leave these things to the kids
Old 04-02-06, 10:55 PM   #6
mysteryjimbo

Theres a set folder structure on the memory card.

For music
\PSP\MUSIC

For photos
\PSP\PHOTO

For Movies
\MP_ROOT\100MNV01

I've been playing around with mine for a while now. Got about 200 SNES games on it
Old 05-02-06, 11:14 AM   #7
jim@55

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-SV
I am having the same problem with my son's PSP.
I will also try what has been suggested and hopefully solve my problem.

It is very frustrating when you are unable to sort things out for your children. They expect you to know it all and sometimes PC probs. are not that straight forward to sort out. Maybe I am getting too old and its time to leave these things to the kids :
wink:
thats so true ,my boy thinks i can do EVERYTHING,even my wife ,when something is not working ,no matter what it is (hoover/hi-fi/comp) its always'ask your dad'
Old 05-02-06, 11:50 AM   #8
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo

For music
\PSP\MUSIC

For photos
\PSP\PHOTO

For Movies
\MP_ROOT\100MNV01

I've been playing around with mine for a while now. Got about 200 SNES games on it
Yep, before I had to update mine in order to play GTA, I had a load of Megadrive and Gamegear games on it (both emulators ran excellently). I even had a couple of homebrew drum machines working on it. A lad I know made a good homebrew puzzle game ("The Icarus Project") for it too.

Now there's a new exploit for v2 (which incidentally needs GTA), I'll unlock it again.
Old 05-02-06, 03:28 PM   #9
jim@55

[quote="Ceri JC"][quote="mysteryjimbo"]Theres a set folder structure on the memory card.

For music
\PSP\MUSIC

For photos
\PSP\PHOTO

For Movies
\MP_ROOT\100MNV01

I've been playing around with mine for a while now. Got about 200 SNES games on it [/quote

eh folder structure lost me im afraid in plain englishi.e halfwit alert im hopeless at these things .can someone elaborate a bit pls
Old 05-02-06, 11:17 PM   #10
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceri JC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo

For music
\PSP\MUSIC

For photos
\PSP\PHOTO

For Movies
\MP_ROOT\100MNV01

Yep, before I had to update mine in order to play GTA, I had a load of Megadrive and Gamegear games on it (both emulators ran excellently). I even had a couple of homebrew drum machines working on it. A lad I know made a good homebrew puzzle game ("The Icarus Project") for it too.

Now there's a new exploit for v2 (which incidentally needs GTA), I'll unlock it again.
Dont even need GTA ebootloader works as a TIFF file. Go here http://www.fanjita.org/psp.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim@55

eh folder structure lost me im afraid in plain englishi.e halfwit alert im hopeless at these things .can someone elaborate a bit pls
The PSP appears as a removable drive. Mine appears J:

Within that removable drive you need to create those folders.

[driveletter]:\PSP\MUSIC

For photos
[driveletter]:\PSP\PHOTO

For Movies
[driveletter]:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01

Then copy the files into them.