SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2008 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2008 SV650.org's annual rideout.

Old 29-06-08, 03:42 PM   #11
redbouy

Default Re: Not too late

Hi Dizz, Corse or Cosaca, depending on where ur from. Is the large French island in the med. Sort of side ways from palma. But Im on a boat [yep the sig is my dad infront of the "work place"]
I live in Antibes which is between Cannes {film show place} and Monaco {GP type stuff} So work {boat} tends to drive up and down between them. Its a local train ride as well Cannes>Monaco about 25 miles in a line or 60 by road.
So I just need a place park a boat for a few days while I come up. As it can't move with out me, and finding a place to park a 200ft boat is not the easyist thing.
And no I just drive it. Its a bit out of my reach. I do have a 4 ft remote control one which I never use.

I hope its not to sunny when I get there. Im red from to much and the summer hasn't even kicked in. Me thinks its going to be a very very hot this summer.
Old 29-06-08, 03:50 PM   #12
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

ahhh right....I shall have a google, not been that far on my travels to France, rode to Les Nouillers last year(Tonnay boutonne)

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-08, 06:29 PM   #13
Warthog

Cool, I have been hiking in Corsica, its a brilliant place. Will be good to meet you!
Old 29-06-08, 09:23 PM   #14
redbouy

Im sitting at the top doing a week trip, It is a lovey place, never been by bike, looks good.

Pete
Old 29-06-08, 09:49 PM   #15
Grinch

Anastasia is in my back garden and last week I should have worked on her, but only got a few things sorted, front brakes, alarm and put the carbs on. Other things came up plus I got a new Xbox game, such a silly thing to do, just got so distracted with it!

Now I have to do to get her to the AR is, remove swing arm, fit chain (its in one loop), fit swing arm and exhaust, cut out and fit undertray, tidy electrics, swap tyres for legal ones, fit plastics and strip, clean and rebuild the rear caliper. Plus optional re-spraying of all panels and tank. Once that is done I need to MOT, tax and insure the bike, if not prep Helga for the journey, which means clean and rebuild the rear caliper, change the fork oil and get a MOT.

All this and I havent even checked if the tent is OK and water-proof from the last time I used it. Plus I'm not sure I have enough cash to Tax, MOT and ininsure her, so it might all be a waste of time.
Old 30-06-08, 03:21 PM   #16
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwind View Post
Not too late.
maybe it is?

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=113109

NOPE, IGNORE THIS LINK- OFFICIAL ANTI-PANIC MOD

Last edited by northwind; 01-07-08 at 08:03 PM.
Old 30-06-08, 03:58 PM   #17
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
so that'll be a "no it's not to late" then
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-08, 04:05 PM   #18
Razor

I, once again, would like to go, but I'm on standby for work and at this time of year nobody will swap weekends with me...

Old 30-06-08, 04:49 PM   #19
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I, once again, would like to go, but I'm on standby for work and at this time of year nobody will swap weekends with me...

Ah FFS razor call in sick or something mate as i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd like to put a face to the name with you.

C'mon you know you can if you wanna
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-08, 05:14 PM   #20
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
Ah FFS razor call in sick or something mate as i'm sure i'm not the only one who'd like to put a face to the name with you.

C'mon you know you can if you wanna
So which weekend are you free. Perhaps we could rearrange the AR for you
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote