SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-07-15, 10:29 AM   #1
Brettus

Default GoPro idea

Morning all, random one again. Someone noted how it was hard to show acceleration in videos and such, got me wondering. Obviously you could equip footage recorders with accelerometers to digitally show the forces but a more analog (and possibly kickstartable) way might be to have a square tube that your camera looks through so that the edges form a frame around your image. the tube itself is hollow and filled with a red and a blue immiscible liquid (you know the kind in seaside/tourist trap stores where you tilt the frame and they swap positions.

the idea being Blue on the bottom, Red on top, when you accelerate the blue shifts back giving your footage a red edge getting more vibrant with harder acceleration and when stopping you'd get blue to show hard braking.

It'd also show lean angle (but muted with centripetal force I guess)

too much vibration might jiggle the liquids too much to settle apart but for a lot of stuff in cars and things it'd work.

Obviously an accelerometer rig that runs and can be synced with timestamps would be nice to input to a digital effects package after but the simplicity of the physical one seemed cooler.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"

Last edited by Brettus; 12-07-15 at 10:43 AM.
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote