SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 05-07-06, 07:23 PM   #1
Beaniebike

Default My wee run today!

Thought I would pop in to tell you all about my wee pootle out today. I saty in Carfin, and went a wee pootle down to my parents place in Kilmarnock. Was such a scorching day (was ok at 80+ MPH though!!!) I on;y got the SV in Sept last year, and the way things have gone for me lately, I haven't had much of a chance to gvet out on her. However, In do feel that I'm kinda getting a better feel fro her now. All becoming a smoother ride nif you know what I mean. I'm also getting out of the mind set thagt she is difficult to get round corners. I had a CB500 for aboyt 5 years, and I now realsise what hard work she actually was. SV does all the work for you compaired to the CB... What I reallyu need to do is get my **** in gear and get some advanced training. I am sure that will do wonders for my confidence.
Old 05-07-06, 11:08 PM   #2
SVTONYB

Glad somebody got out I was stuck at work in a room with no windows for about 5 hrs and the heat was stiffling

Are you coming out to play at the weekend hopefully the weather will be good then as well
Old 06-07-06, 12:21 PM   #3
scooby2102

Quote:
What I reallyu need to do is get my @rse in gear and get some advanced training. I am sure that will do wonders for my confidence.
Beanie, I know you live in Carfin but myself and Jim@55 (and sometimes ownieboy) are doin the IAM stuff with Glasgow South (I am in Carluke but take the bike to work on a Wed), even if I have to ride from Carluke to Newlands it only takes approx 45mins.

Have been on about 6 rides with them and can honestly say that the advice given is excellent and I do feel that it will make me a better rider.

Even watching some of these guys & gals is a good experience and the observed rides can last up to 3 hours/100 & odd miles, all for the princely sum of 2 quid per night.

Speak to Nutty and Carless as well, they observe for the Glasgow North Group, might be a wee bit nearer you.
Old 06-07-06, 01:30 PM   #4
Kilted Ginger

scooby, where does the galsgow south meet?, i'll contact nutty to find out where galsgow north meets as well, IAM only do cages in my area. cheers
Old 06-07-06, 02:22 PM   #5
Anonymous

glasgow north meet at mcdonald on crowe road which is near anniesland cross. they meet every wednesday at 630
Old 06-07-06, 06:54 PM   #6
colinbal4

Scooby, please could you elaborate on the 2 quid per night? I thought you had to buy a "skill for life" package from IAM website at £85? Thats the only reason I haven't started it yet, I've spent so much money on the bike lately.
Old 06-07-06, 07:10 PM   #7
scooby2102

Nutty, should you no be doon south

New bike awaiting on you as well , jammy beggar

Ginger - the Glasgow South peeps meet in the Morrisons carpark in Newlands (just off Kilmarnock Road)

Colin - yep, forgot about that, it was 75 as we signed up at the bikesafe night
Even at that, its still IMHO a bargain since thats about 6 x 3 hours run at 75 + 12 quid

The guys are really keen to get more people on board, was only me that turned up last night so had 2 observers all to myself
Old 07-07-06, 04:02 PM   #8
Beaniebike

Oh, so can you just turn up then? I thought that you had to pre book sessions, kinda like a riding school... Does sound like the Glasgow North is a bit closer to me... So, does that mean I could come along this week Nutty?
Old 07-07-06, 05:03 PM   #9
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Yes you can just turn up, I doubt I'll be there but there will be plenty of people there... You get the first run gratis to see what you think!!!

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-06, 09:02 PM   #10
Beaniebike

Quote:
Originally Posted by carelesschucca
Yes you can just turn up, I doubt I'll be there but there will be plenty of people there... You get the first run gratis to see what you think!!!
Hmmm....Think I will go along... I really do feel like I am a pile of poo on the bike. Need to do somthing about that, and I'm not going to get any better by just talking about doing something about it!