SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Guildford Massive For the Guildford Guys N Girls.

Old 28-03-07, 09:31 PM   #11
Mark_h
Mega Poster

Default Re: Best roads / routes

For those of you that joined my little last minute ride-out last year it was exactly the Hampshire Heaven route. Quite a lot of posted 50's but a nice ride anyway. However when you get to Alton, carry on to Midhurst etc and it all gets a lot more exciting.

Almost light enough late enough to get some evening rides in

Time to see some mid-week meets in here.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-07, 05:11 AM   #12
falc

Can we keep this thread on topic and just post up the routes, so people looking for routes don't have to scroll through pages of conversation.

Cheers.
Old 30-04-07, 04:04 PM   #13
$i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
For those of you that joined my little last minute ride-out last year it was exactly the Hampshire Heaven route. Quite a lot of posted 50's but a nice ride anyway. However when you get to Alton, carry on to Midhurst etc and it all gets a lot more exciting.

Almost light enough late enough to get some evening rides in

Time to see some mid-week meets in here.
2nd'd
Old 05-07-07, 12:37 PM   #14
clanger

One of my personal fave's is: A272 at Percy Hobbs roundabout near Winchester, heading towards Petersfield and through the otherside to Midhurst. Then take the A286 down to Chichester, then out west onto the A27...stay on the A27 (dont join M27) and ride along past Portsmouth, Portchester and Fareham and join the A32 towards Alton. Sometimes I would carry on riding up to join the A272 west again and head across to the A2090 towards Romsey...but a friend of mine sayes to leave A32 at Droxford heading straight towards the B3035 (bishops waltham to corehampton road), take a left and head to Morestead and then Winchester.

I also like the A31 from Southampton down to the A35 to Dorchester, then up the A352 to Sherborne, then the A30 through Shaftesbury and over into Salisbury and the A36 back to Southampton (although fairly short route, is best interrupted with a stop at a pub for a meal.
Old 19-08-07, 07:57 PM   #15
Demonz

If you ever get the chance to ride North or need to get to Northampton take the A413. Its a great road: Map North
Old 13-05-11, 09:56 AM   #16
DDUK1974

Thinking of taking a ride to the coast this weekend, it will be my first "long Ride" (only been as far as Redhill so far). I live just off J11 of M25 and was wondering if anyone had any suggested routes down to the south coast that i can have a bit of fun on and brush up on some skills????
Old 13-05-11, 12:04 PM   #17
The Idle Biker

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...,0.617294&z=11

This isn't bad, a good mix, especially the A285. Not convinced the link will work though
Old 13-05-11, 12:29 PM   #18
DDUK1974

Thanks, link worked. Basically from woking to guildford then A283 and A285 to the Witterings. Ill do it over the weekend and let you know how i found it
Old 03-04-12, 11:12 AM   #19
Winder

When i had my bike i always went down this lane. It is very popular with the police bike safe as the road has on and off camber turns with differing inclines and declines and some tight turns and fast sweeping turns (bit of everything really). It's not a ride out as such but you could add a few laps of the lane onto a ride out for a change.

Old 23-07-15, 10:03 PM   #20
Bod51

My best route is from Havant to Weymouth start by going over portsdown hill to fareham, onto M27 / A31 until I get to Affpuddle then take the old road to Preston stay the weekend in my static caravan, find some new routes around the area then come home. Best still the wife takes the car.. she has never been on the bike

Yellow SV650S K1
Bod51 is offline   Reply With Quote