SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 04-04-08, 09:15 PM   #1
pencil shavings

Default Leathers - what should I do!?

I got a 2 peice Dainese flanker suit (like this one http://www.motomoda.nl/assortiment/f...lanker-wit.jpg )

The problem is that I have concluded that it is too small, after even short rides my sholders ache from the strain of the suit. It fits fine everywhere except that Im too tall for the suit. Im 6'1 and slim. Ive only warn it about 6 times so its like new, but it definatly isnt still stretching in.

So, do I get it adjusted? is this even possible?

Or do I sell it?

I want to get this sorted soon as summers coming!

Thanks for any advice.
Old 04-04-08, 09:43 PM   #2
fat_brstd

Default Re: Leathers - what should I do!?

Have you tired not zipping them together and seeing if that makes any difference? If it does It might be a long shot and I have no idea if this would work but if is a full all the way around zip together then you could get 2 new half zips and just zip a bit of elastic around the waist. No idea if it would work though.
Old 04-04-08, 09:53 PM   #3
pencil shavings

I did think about that. Not sure on how well it would hold up in an off though?
Old 05-04-08, 07:14 AM   #4
kitkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pencil shavings View Post
I did think about that. Not sure on how well it would hold up in an off though?
dont fall off then
Old 05-04-08, 07:22 AM   #5
xbox650

The jacket should support itself and as for the bottoms maybe a pair of braces is the answer . !000's of harley users use them to keep there leather pants up . Although I suppose braces would be fine for a low speed off .
Old 05-04-08, 11:54 AM   #6
fat_brstd

Most of the time when im in my 2 piece i dont zip them together. In summer for just pottering around localy (basicly when im not on a ride out) i use the jacket from my 2 piece instead of my textile jacket and a pair of jeans. In the event of a crash im not sure if having them zipped together is really that much better than not. I know that at track days they dont like it if you leathers arnt connected/the zip holding them together is really small but in the real world i wouldnt have thought it made that much difference. Just go out for a little ride with them not connected and see if it makes a difference.
Old 05-04-08, 06:11 PM   #7
pencil shavings

I will give it ago tomorrow with them not zipped together and report back!!
Old 05-04-08, 07:40 PM   #8
anna
Mega Poster

are you able to move the zip on the jacket down and the zip on the trousers up.. or removing zip from trousers and then add a bit of material to the trousers around where the zip was and then stitch the zip onto it thus having the same effect as moving the zips closer together and giving you a bit more room????
anna is offline   Reply With Quote