SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 14-03-08, 01:45 PM   #1
Squidders

Question Thinking about selling.... K4

Hi,

I have a very clean 54 plate SV 650 S (16,500miles) in black, MOT and Tax until 08/08 and at some point in its life it had been a front end accident but not been down.

I say this because the previous owner did 99.9% of the repair work but stopped when it got a bit expensive I think... they didn't give me all the details but I imagine replacing all the bits on whichever side went down would have worked out too expensive for them to bother with.

Anyway, I got it needing the front handling looking at and took it to a local bike place last week who replaced the fork Stanchions, seals and spacers and I had them put in some Ohlins progresive springs and fork oil in (430 quid total)

I'm not sure if the accident was reported or not but i'm not a cheat, liar or crook so I think being open is the best policy. The bottom line (for me at least) is that it's fine now.

It has no stamped service history but most bikes that are picked up by insurers don't get them from the owner unfortunately but the oil, plugs and filter have been recently changed and it's running spot on. so I can only assume it's been (prior to any accident) serviced.

I recently won an ebay auction for a Remus revolution oval carbon can along with all the nuts, bolts, springs and link pipe but have yet to cut the old one and fit the new.

Basically, I got this to commute on because my 2004 CBR1000rr was going to get me banned... now I find out that I actually miss the blade. My intention was to give this to my girlfriend but it's a bit tall for her so i'm going to get a ZZR600 with the proceeds from this.

Anyway...

What do you think I should be asking for it?
Should I fit the Remus pipe or not?
Should I include the remus pipe with the bike or not?

I'm at a bit of a loss really and any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Joe

Last edited by Squidders; 14-03-08 at 01:48 PM.
Old 14-03-08, 02:15 PM   #2
Biker_Billy

Default Re: Thinking about selling.... K4

I got my sv about 6 months ago - 04 plate, 27k miles, no accident damage for less than 2k.

I would guess 1700-2100...

HTH,

BB.
Old 14-03-08, 04:17 PM   #3
on yer bike

I defo wouldn't fit it, as someone may want a different can, or even worse... a standard can! (yes some people are wierd like that).

I'd offer the bike buyer it for £xxx above the asking price. If they don't take it, stick it back on ebay.
Old 14-03-08, 06:14 PM   #4
metalmonkey

Why not lower the bike for your girlfriend it can be done and will save hassle of selling or does she really the 600?