SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 11-02-08, 01:18 PM   #21
Demonz

Default Re: The next rideout......

Half day is normally better for me - i cant make next weekend though... so next round maybe.
Old 11-02-08, 01:36 PM   #22
philbut

bloody hell that was quick - we planning the next one already!

No worries about changing the route Plowsie, i just like the worcester - stratford bit, the route back from banbury was just intednded to get people back to familiar terratory. I usually do the oxford to worcester bit in about an hour, then a bit less to get to stratford, so it could be done in about 3.5 hours i guess. but i wouldn't say it's a morning run. It'd be better to have a few stops. I can work in some b roads for TheApe too, as this is my hoem turff. there is a great set of hairpins called "fish hill" on the way over the cotswolds that are always worth a play!
Old 11-02-08, 03:12 PM   #23
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbut View Post
bloody hell that was quick - we planning the next one already!

No worries about changing the route Plowsie, i just like the worcester - stratford bit, the route back from banbury was just intednded to get people back to familiar terratory. I usually do the oxford to worcester bit in about an hour, then a bit less to get to stratford, so it could be done in about 3.5 hours i guess. but i wouldn't say it's a morning run. It'd be better to have a few stops. I can work in some b roads for TheApe too, as this is my hoem turff. there is a great set of hairpins called "fish hill" on the way over the cotswolds that are always worth a play!
Nick mentioned fish hill, he highly recommended it.
Old 11-02-08, 03:26 PM   #24
flibble

Sounds like Sunday was very successful and another ride in the making so soon

Can't do this wkd coming, but probably join if you guys out following Sunday 24th..
Old 11-02-08, 04:30 PM   #25
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by flibble View Post
Sounds like Sunday was very successful and another ride in the making so soon

Can't do this wkd coming, but probably join if you guys out following Sunday 24th..
As much as I want you to turn up - the other half would prefer it if you were to stay at home. Dont take it personally, its just I have a major case of bike envy and my girlfriend keep reminding me that I have more important things to spend my money on:

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery
6. [insert other girly tat here]

Just kidding - hope to see you at the next meet!

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 04:43 PM   #26
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightRider View Post
As much as I want you to turn up - the other half would prefer it if you were to stay at home. Dont take it personally, its just I have a major case of bike envy and my girlfriend keep reminding me that I have more important things to spend my money on:

1. Mortgage
2. Engagement ring
3. Wedding
4. Handbags
5. Jewlery
6. [insert other girly tat here]

Just kidding - hope to see you at the next meet!
The only thing on that list that mkaes a jot of sense, is to get on the property ladder. Having said that, with the supposed housing armageddon on the way....why not wait for a bit.

Weddings have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Such a waste of money on one day, which is fine if you have money to waste, but when you need it for other things.....

I think i read somewhere that the average cost of a wedding is over £20k, i'm reasonably affluent and would aim to spend £20.
Old 11-02-08, 05:04 PM   #27
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
I think i read somewhere that the average cost of a wedding is over £20k, i'm reasonably affluent and would aim to spend £20.
If you are really tight - Just find a Danish wife - tradition dictates the daughters folks pay...
Old 11-02-08, 05:09 PM   #28
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASM-Forever View Post
The only thing on that list that mkaes a jot of sense, is to get on the property ladder. Having said that, with the supposed housing armageddon on the way....why not wait for a bit.

Weddings have always been a bit of a mystery to me. Such a waste of money on one day, which is fine if you have money to waste, but when you need it for other things.....

Property is the first thing on the list - unfortunately I need the 10% deposit so am having to start saving like crazy. As much as I want to get the CBR I fear it may have to wait a bit.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-08, 05:40 PM   #29
ASM-Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoGrant View Post
If you are really tight - Just find a Danish wife - tradition dictates the daughters folks pay...
Interesting...........

I will have to google for Danish women!
Old 11-02-08, 05:52 PM   #30
StreetHawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuonoGrant View Post
Isn't that the tradition here too?