SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2006 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2006 SV650.org's annual rideout

Old 03-07-06, 02:39 PM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default What's good to bring for camping?

Help.

Whats everyone bringing as far as camping stuff goes?

its been years since i slept in the great outdoors and when i did it wasn't a case of getting everything on the bike either.

So far, apart from clothing, i have this very short list.

1 x sleeping bag
1 x tent
1 x torch.

i'm sure a ground mat thingy would be good too but they are so bulky that they are twice the size of my sleeping bag when thats compressed down.

I'm lucky as i may be able to put the tent i'm borrowing in some kindly souls car and dont have to carry that but what else am i missing from that list?
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 03-07-06, 02:42 PM   #2
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Try a lilo instead of foam mat?
Old 03-07-06, 02:44 PM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

Spidey, thats about it to be honest. A few carrier bags for putting (if you need to) wet shoes items in etc.

As for a roll mat. Not sure where you are based, but a trip to Decathlon in Surrey Quays is worth a visit. They do the self inflating roll mats for about £15. Smaller than a foam mat, and more comfortable to.
Old 03-07-06, 02:55 PM   #4
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Spidey, thats about it to be honest. A few carrier bags for putting (if you need to) wet shoes items in etc.

As for a roll mat. Not sure where you are based, but a trip to Decathlon in Surrey Quays is worth a visit. They do the self inflating roll mats for about £15. Smaller than a foam mat, and more comfortable to.
Thats not a bad price, the ones at the shop i bought my sleeping bag from were the same if not more than the bag.

Always take carrier bags with me on long trips, you just never know when you'll need one
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 03-07-06, 03:51 PM   #5
Marshall

im bringing

1x Tent
1x Sleeping Bag
1x Roll Mat
1x Torch if i can find it
1x Toilet Roll (important that one is)
1x Marshall
1x Bike
+ Assorted Clothes, plastic bags, roll of duck tape

Old 03-07-06, 03:57 PM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney

Thats not a bad price, the ones at the shop i bought my sleeping bag from were the same if not more than the bag.

Always take carrier bags with me on long trips, you just never know when you'll need one
Is the one i got Costs £15 in store, although £20 isnt bad, and i found this more comfortable than the more expensive ones.
Old 03-07-06, 04:09 PM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

only thing worth taking with you camping is a credit card to book into the nearest reasonable hotel.

Sorry I cannot get my head round the idea of sleeping under canvas on the deck. Yes I have done it 30 years ago and discovered that I prefer comfortable beds, hot showers, clean bathrooms, full english in the morning.
Old 03-07-06, 04:16 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky
only thing worth taking with you camping is a credit card to book into the nearest reasonable hotel.

Sorry I cannot get my head round the idea of sleeping under canvas on the deck. Yes I have done it 30 years ago and discovered that I prefer comfortable beds, hot showers, clean bathrooms, full english in the morning.
So do i normaly mate but seeing as mrs spidey aint comming i thought i'd rough it. I do enjoy a night or 2 under canvass anyway. The fresh air, the smell of cows, the incesant mozzies drivning you mad. Ooooh thats reminded me to bring some citronella incense for the tent. keep those little blood suckers out.
Old 03-07-06, 04:41 PM   #9
Grinch

Might want to think about shoes.. after all you don't want to spend the time not on the bike in your boots...

Old 03-07-06, 04:47 PM   #10
Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Might want to think about shoes.. after all you don't want to spend the time not on the bike in your boots...
I did last year