SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Ecosse For all the lads and lassies north of the border

Old 30-11-06, 10:05 AM   #1
Kilted Ginger

Default Great ride this morning

What a joy to get up and see dry tarmac out of the window, patience does pay off.

I've steadfastly ridden through the crap weather of the past few weeks, 8 inch deep puddles, entire roads covered with soggy leaves, massive mud clods dropped from tractor wheels, sleet, torrential rain, howling wind, subzero temps.

Then this morning, mild, dry, calm. Is it my birthday, did i sleep through winter, brilliant, being able to see through the visor without left arm acting like window wiper, nipping across white lines and manhole covers without feeling like riding over an oil slick leaning right into corners with confidence again, squeezing on the throttle and tearing along the empty road after the road works without the back end squirming, rediscovering the joy of biking.

Sorry just had to share as i'm a happy bunny this morning, it will probably rain in time for me going home but its only water
Old 30-11-06, 10:32 AM   #2
-Ralph-

I had a similar ride in Fife on Sunday - its a great feeling when the weathers been as crap as it has been.

It's calm in your neck of the woods this morning? Here it's dry but blowing a bloody gale!!
Old 30-11-06, 12:08 PM   #3
northwind
Mega Poster

Same here... I know how dogs must feel when they're let off the leash
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 02:07 PM   #4
jim@55

mark-i take it u never headed west?? its ab chucking it down here and blowing a gale ,its been like that all morning ,i used the bike on mon and it was semi-dry roads but you had to b wary of the leaves ,but today,,,no chance i long for those dry (not so cold )winter days ,but its just wet all the time here
Old 30-11-06, 03:02 PM   #5
Kilted Ginger

Jim, the engine still works in the wet or mine does anyway, just a bit slower when parting the sea of wet leaves, 2 cars have been off the road on the way up to my house with the leaves / mud lately, feet out and nice and slow until i can actually see some tarmac, and a car stalled in one of the big deep puddles (only about 8 - 10 inches), rode through at the side of it and nipped back with the car and wellies to tow her out

Northy, brilliant analargy, but unfortunately i'm a bit more like a bull in the china shop (or is it a coo with a gun) than a leadless dog

Looks like the west's weathers getting here now, wee bit windy and a slight smirn
Ralph its always windy at your hoose, something to do with the altitude

No matter still rather be wet and biking than dry and cagebound.

Is the bike the same as a car in that if you keep the air intake above water it will keep going or is that just foolish
Old 30-11-06, 03:58 PM   #6
Blue Flame
Mega Poster

Well that was fun.

Took the bike to work only to find they shut the bridge to bikes after i got to work. Had a 45 mile journey home via the Kincardine Bridge - and the weather was manky over at Kincardine yet OK in Edinburgh and once I got home. What's all that about

Previous >> K3 SV650S - Candy Copper;Lower Fairing Set;Fender Extender; Powerbronze Screen; HEL Braided Lines;
Blue Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 04:44 PM   #7
on yer bike

Its been hellish gale force winds over here all day, 5 mins west off Edinburgh, but i've been told its quite clear in Edinburgh and Livingston, so it sounds like very strong local winds round exposed places

on yer bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 05:17 PM   #8
Kilted Ginger

Just got in, me and my big mouth, chucking it down and gusting badly all the way home, great youve gotta love it, keeps the concentration levels up anyway. didnt help that i had a 15kg bag of plaster in my rucksack.

Oh nearly forgot, had to do rapid evasion of an unmanned shopping trolley blowing out of the carpark in the dark as i went past, that fairly got the heart pumping, well i think it was the heart.

Might have to rethink transport for tomorrow if its like this again, plus i bought the wrong plaster so i've to take it back and get a sanding pole from my dads, sounds like the cage
Old 30-11-06, 05:30 PM   #9
northwind
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger
Northy, brilliant analargy, but unfortunately i'm a bit more like a bull in the china shop (or is it a coo with a gun) than a leadless dog
I was thinking "Cry havoc! And let slip the dogs of woooooaaaaahhhh!"
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-06, 05:39 PM   #10
jim@55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilted Ginger
Just got in, me and my big mouth, chucking it down and gusting badly all the way home, great youve gotta love it, keeps the concentration levels up anyway. didnt help that i had a 15kg bag of plaster in my rucksack.

Might have to rethink transport for tomorrow if its like this again, plus i bought the wrong plaster so i've to take it back and get a sanding pole from my dads, sounds like the cage
ha haaaa,
my engine works in the wet as well ,after all its a honda ,just not much starting it from me on days like tdy