SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-03-05, 09:49 PM   #1
SPeeeeDY

Default Shopping List

As an SV newbie i need some advice on shopping, so here goes:

Crash bungs, are R&G the ones to get? if so how much and where from?

Light for numberplate, my bike has had the snow plough removed and has a Pyramid undertray fitted, but there is no light for the numberplate, will the red normal tail light get it through an MoT (not due till 2006)?

And finally

I want a dark double bubble screen for it, which is the best one to get and how much, i dont want to spend too much (£60ish)

Cheers

SPeeeeDY
Old 11-03-05, 09:52 PM   #2
SPeeeeDY

i also want a hugger aswell...any suggestions???

SPeeeeDY
Old 11-03-05, 09:57 PM   #3
Cloggsy

Default Re: Shopping List

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPeeeeDY
I've got Bikesliders on mine, they're cool... You can get frame sliders, bar ends & swing arm bobbins for the price of a set of R&G's

Quote:
Light for numberplate, my bike has had the snow plough removed and has a Pyramid undertray fitted, but there is no light for the numberplate, will the red normal tail light get it through an MoT (not due till 2006)?
No, you need a numberplate light for the MOT... Speak to Pyramid & ask them to send you a numberplate light

Quote:
And finally

I want a dark double bubble screen for it, which is the best one to get and how much, i dont want to spend too much (£60ish)
I got an Airblade screen for mine (see pics) from eBay for £29.99 + postage

Hope these help
Old 11-03-05, 10:10 PM   #4
mattSV
Mega Poster

I've got a Zero Gravity on mine - top quality and a good fit.

See here for more info:-

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.ph...=double+bubble
2013 - 2016 Triumph Explorer 1200
2016 - Ducati Multistrada DVT S
mattSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-05, 06:15 PM   #5
K

Sounds like Cloggsy may be opposing Grinch as ruler of the world - well, Cloggsy and his army of silver SV clones! :P
Old 12-03-05, 06:34 PM   #6
Carsick

Speedy, technically you do need a number plate light, but like exhausts, it's one of those things that won't necessarily fail you. It depends on the tester.
I have a spare K3 fender with the number plate light still on (no indicators, though) Can let you have it for minimal folding.

As for a screen, I have a powerbronze on mine (I think) and it looks great.

Hugger, I personally think the Ermax or genuine Suzuki ones are the nicest looking.

Crash bungs, I have R&G fitted, but I mostly stuck them on out of convenience, because my local infinity stocks them. JHS are reported to be the best by people who should know about these things.
Bikesliders do look pretty good and are cheapish.
Motosliders are also not bad looking and have good reports.
Old 12-03-05, 06:57 PM   #7
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Sounds like Cloggsy may be opposing Grinch as ruler of the world - well, Cloggsy and his army of silver SV clones! :P
Moi
Old 12-03-05, 07:15 PM   #8
Mr P

Quote:
but like exhausts, it's one of those things that won't necessarily fail you. It depends on the tester.
Talking to my local dealer yesterday and he was saying they've changed the MOT regs for exhausts - apparently they don't need to check for road legal anymore, they just have to check that nothing on the exhaust actually says 'not for road use'. If it doesn't (even if a race can) it passes.

This might be well known , but was news to me!!!
Old 12-03-05, 07:18 PM   #9
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr P
Quote:
but like exhausts, it's one of those things that won't necessarily fail you. It depends on the tester.
This might be well known , but was news to me!!!
Indeed, I heard that as well, though even with not for road use, I know more than a few people who never have any problems.
Old 13-03-05, 12:45 AM   #10
Warren

Default Re: Shopping List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
I've got Bikesliders on mine, they're cool... You can get frame sliders, bar ends & swing arm bobbins for the price of a set of R&G's

Quote:
No, you need a numberplate light for the MOT... Speak to Pyramid & ask them to send you a numberplate light

Quote:
And finally

I got an Airblade screen for mine (see pics) from eBay for £29.99 + postage

Hope these help

agreed on everything there

apart from i got RnG's

there supposed to be the ones to go for.