SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-01-07, 11:57 PM   #1
skapegoat

Default Nikko g pack???

http://www.performancemotorcyclepart...kko_gpacks.htm

Anyone have this? does it derestrict top end or accelaration?

Thanks john
Old 23-01-07, 12:04 AM   #2
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Nop & Nop

It basicly just removes a limit on the ECU or CDI unit that retards the ignition in 2/3rd gear to pass noise regs. Just search the TPS mod as its free and does the same as the G-Pack.

ps. Some people say the G-pack does more but not prooven as no one knows whats realy inside the G-pack but its not worth the money and the TPS is free and does the same as far as people know.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-07, 12:14 AM   #3
on yer bike

The TPS (throttle position sensor) is different, that is just when the computer decides to put some fuel into the engine, which can be adjusted to lower revs to help with smooth slow riding...

I think you mean the TRE (timing retard emiminator) which does the same as the g pack by derestricting in gears 2 and 3. can be done a number of ways cheaper or free, just search for it, or them both for best tuning!

Northy will correct me if I'm wrong, he's the 1 in the know.
Old 23-01-07, 12:26 AM   #4
skapegoat

can both of these be done on the curvey model?
Old 23-01-07, 12:29 AM   #5
on yer bike

no, just the TRE i think, but its a different mod from the pointy, so make sure u get the right 1.
Old 23-01-07, 12:31 AM   #6
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by skapegoat
can both of these be done on the curvey model?
http://www.sv650.org/ig_retard/ignition_mod.htm
Old 23-01-07, 12:36 AM   #7
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by on yer bike
The TPS (throttle position sensor) is different, that is just when the computer decides to put some fuel into the engine, which can be adjusted to lower revs to help with smooth slow riding...

I think you mean the TRE (timing retard emiminator) which does the same as the g pack by derestricting in gears 2 and 3. can be done a number of ways cheaper or free, just search for it, or them both for best tuning!

The TPS affects ignition timing, which is retarded to smooth tickover. It doesn't 'put more fuel in' dependant on adjustment..
The claims made for the Nikko G-pack are not substantiated by my, (not very sensitive), dyno, and, ('cos I've examined the way the iginition system works, and made some accurate measurements too), I cannot see how it could do anything that disconnecting the GP switch wires doesn't. I really wouldn't spend money on one.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-07, 01:06 AM   #8
on yer bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid Squid
Quote:
Originally Posted by on yer bike

The TPS affects ignition timing, which is retarded to smooth tickover. It doesn't 'put more fuel in' dependant on adjustment..
The claims made for the Nikko G-pack are not substantiated by my, (not very sensitive), dyno, and, ('cos I've examined the way the iginition system works, and made some accurate measurements too), I cannot see how it could do anything that disconnecting the GP switch wires doesn't. I really wouldn't spend money on one.
Nope, I've double checked, its the TRE

TPS is this and only on a pointy, cannot be done on a curvy, due to lack of fuel injection, has nothing to do with the timing (below) or the g-pack

TRE is this 4 a curvy as svrash said
Old 23-01-07, 01:13 AM   #9
svrash

The curvey does have a TPS, it mounted on one of the carbs. The curvey has 3 ignition maps dependant on throttle postion.

Saying that, i think TSM did mean the TRE mod and wires have been crossed
Old 23-01-07, 01:15 AM   #10
on yer bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash
and wires have been crossed