SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 06-09-09, 05:49 PM   #1
s7uyj

Default Pointy Lower fairings/seat cowl in light blue

Hi, I am looking for the lower fairings and seat cowl for a 2006 sv650.

Ideally in the light silvery blue (if anyone knows the correct colour that would be good, not picked the bike up yet so cant check!)

cheers
Old 09-09-09, 03:20 PM   #2
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Default Re: Pointy Lower fairings/seat cowl in light blue

Hey,
The proper colour name is 'Metallic Euclase Silver' - but it's better known as the 'K6 Silverly Blue Colour'
If you need the exact colour code, let me know and I'll dig it out from the depths of the garage! (Although to mind 'YDV Silver' rings bell...)

Can't help you with the lowers and seat cowl myself though... I do have them, but their used on the bike and not for sale

However, a quick scout on eBay:
Seat Cowl: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SV-Seat-Cowl_W...d=p3286.c0.m14
£35 buy it now, or risk bidding for less. (Official ones new are £40-something from Suzuki)

Lower: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUZUKI-SV1000-...d=p3286.c0.m14
Bidding ends in 4 days... but official ones are around £400 new. Getting them for anything under £150 is a steal, £200-250 is reasonable.
(Looking at that listing, just double check with the seller if it is for the set and not just one... I'm always warey when the picture isn't exactly everything, although it looks to have the fitting kit in the background!)
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008

Last edited by Steve_God; 09-09-09 at 03:30 PM.
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-09, 07:55 AM   #3
s7uyj

Cheers for that mate, i think i'll be watching ebay for the next 4 days now!!
Old 10-09-09, 08:41 AM   #4
RichT

Colour Code = YDV

Fleabay prices look reasonable for the parts.

Tis the best and fastest colour as well.

Last edited by RichT; 10-09-09 at 08:44 AM.
Old 10-09-09, 11:32 AM   #5
s7uyj

bit of advice? this ebay item that Steve Flagged up http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:GB:1123#rpdId
he said the code is YDV, however the pic looks too silver. i asked him and he said it the picture that makes them look a slightly different colour? would anyone risk it anyway?!
Old 10-09-09, 11:37 AM   #6
RichT

They look fine to me. The bit that raises an eyebrow is the line that refers to colour matching. The YDV colour is only available on K6 models and as they're a genuine part I wouldn't think you'd have a problem.

If they're not right, sell them on. I got my lowers on Ebay and they were fine.

Last edited by RichT; 10-09-09 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-09-09, 11:40 AM   #7
s7uyj

ok great cheers for advice mate, not even picked up the bloody bike yet and i'm spending cash on it!!
Old 10-09-09, 11:44 AM   #8
RichT

NP - tis the org way.
Old 11-09-09, 07:26 AM   #9
Steve_God
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7uyj View Post
bit of advice? this ebay item that Steve Flagged up http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...:GB:1123#rpdId
he said the code is YDV, however the pic looks too silver. i asked him and he said it the picture that makes them look a slightly different colour? would anyone risk it anyway?!
When you pick the bike up and start taking photos of it, you'll find it will look anything from dull grey/silver to sky blue and everything in between, all depending on the lighting!
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-09, 07:45 AM   #10
s7uyj

i like the sound of that! i will never get bored of the colour!! well i pick it up in 26 hours so not long before I can see for myself!