SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 08-11-09, 08:51 PM   #1
hardhat_harry

Default Mounting Battery in trackbike

Hi all,

How do you mount the battery in the on the SV650 in the minitwins?

Do you cutdown the original rear plastics or is there another method?

Cheers
Old 10-11-09, 02:00 PM   #2
viffer

Default Re: Mounting Battery in trackbike

Mines mounted in it's original position in a slightly cut down version of the original plastic, if you're using an original rear subframe you don't need to move it. You can mount it front nearside in an ally box using the engine and radiator mount but it's a personal choice.
Old 10-11-09, 02:13 PM   #3
RGV250ads

I use road battery trays and keep the battery and electrics in there as per normal. not only does it shield the loom from spray and rubbish, but everyone I know who runs it down the front "916 style" eventually has water ingress problems during wet meetings. people only move the battery and electricals around when they have a subframe which hasn't been built properly to accomdate the bits and peices as required.

the K5(ish) onwards has an aluminium rear subframe as standard and once you've cut off the unrequired lugs and material it weights next to nothing and they are readily available from breakers for minimal cash.
Old 11-11-09, 12:09 AM   #4
hardhat_harry

Mines a curvey and the rear subframe weighs as much as the rest of the bike so I will be taking an anglegrinder to it. Managed to get the battery box for £4.50 off ebay today so I'll mod that and its sorted. Thanks for the advice.
Old 12-11-09, 10:28 AM   #5
Dickyholdsworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGV250ads View Post
I use road battery trays and keep the battery and electrics in there as per normal. not only does it shield the loom from spray and rubbish, but everyone I know who runs it down the front "916 style" eventually has water ingress problems during wet meetings. people only move the battery and electricals around when they have a subframe which hasn't been built properly to accomdate the bits and peices as required.

the K5(ish) onwards has an aluminium rear subframe as standard and once you've cut off the unrequired lugs and material it weights next to nothing and they are readily available from breakers for minimal cash.
Can you tell me will this subframe fit a curvy model?