SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 18-08-05, 10:59 AM   #1
Jase22

Default Headlight covers

I'm after some headlight covers for my 2000 SV650S (carbed model) to match my screen in the picture

Ideally I want some iridium ones to match, so was wondering if anyone knew if anyone makes them? Also are there any legality implicaitons of riding with them covers? Other than they shouldn't be used at night.

PS sorry for the size of the picture, I couldn't figure out how to reduce it.

Cheers
Jase
Old 18-08-05, 11:05 AM   #2
Noufy

Try Pyramid

http://www.pyramid-plastics.co.uk/sv650/indexx.html
Old 19-08-05, 06:03 AM   #3
650newb

as far as im aware they can be used during the day with no problems, and as you have already said dont use them at night
Old 19-08-05, 08:01 AM   #4
Jelster

Legally the only covers allowed are either clear or yellow. My understanding is that if you have lights they must work, and the Police interpritation of this does not include getting off the bike and removing covers.

However, that said, most coppers would ask you to remove them if they stopped you in daylight, so best you have somewhere to put them. Bear in mind that they are pretty easy to scratch too....

One of our resident should be able to put you right on the Police view....

Old 19-08-05, 08:47 AM   #5
Jase22

With that comment, you might of actually put me off getting some covers.

The old phrase "see and be seen" seems to ring bells with me, and obviously you can't see lights that with an opaque cover over them. And as for the I think I'm already pushing it a bit with my can, so wouldn't want to get screwed totally!

Plus the money I would have spent on them will go towards some beer!!!