SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-06-06, 08:54 AM   #1
manxsv

Default my bike involved an a accident

Was kind enough to let my friend use my bike during TT week here on the Isle of Man, but last night he was coming round the bend at Glen Helen and was confronted by Motorcyclist who was on the wrong side of the road and resulted in a head on collison, not bothered about the bike as the insurance should sort that out was more concerned about my friend, but luckly enough my friend has suffered no serious injuries and just has various cuts and bruises, the other rider suffered broken legs and other injuries, according to the traffic police both are lucky to be alive and the whole incident has been caputured on film by a person who was just filming bikes going round the bend, the other rider who was German probably forgot which side of the road he should have been on and will be getting charged by the police when he gets better, not seen my bike as a recovery firm have it will be picking it up on Monday, but according to the police it is a complete write off, just glad my friend has walked away from this.
Old 09-06-06, 08:57 AM   #2
Marshall

That sounds pretty nasty mate, im glad your friend is ok
Old 09-06-06, 08:58 AM   #3
Swiss

Sounds like he was lucky. Glad he's okay and hope you get some new wheels soon.
Old 09-06-06, 09:00 AM   #4
falc

Flipping Germans *ahem*

Glad hes ok along with the other fella, atleast one of them werent driving a car then it could of been messy, speedy recovery and to getting your bike up and running too
Old 09-06-06, 09:02 AM   #5
Peter Henry

Having witnessed the immediate aftermath of a head on collision between two bikes, I can definitely say that both riders are indeed very,very lucky. Worst nightmare!