SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 05-11-09, 10:55 AM   #1
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Angry Really Fluffing angry at Dentists who are evil!

I have just been to the Dentist. I am a severe Dental-phobic and it takes a lot to get me there, Carol has to have time off work and she has to pretty much kick me out from under the duvet and away from my cuddly bear to get me out of the door, often while I am still sulking and refusing to wake up.

Last trip, they repaired a broken tooth and put me through an ordeal because my regular Dentist was away and the guy who replaced her had all the charm of a venereal disease.

This time my Dentist was back and she forces me into the chair and takes a look. The tooth they repaired last time has chipped away a little more. It offers me no pain (until she poked it with a spike and now it hurts like Feck!) and is just in need of a little filling. I knew this in advance and booked an extended appointment to allow for this.

Only, no she will not repair my tooth. It needs a crown. A crown is £200, which I cannot afford. My other options are to have it filled or removed. She laughs and says why not just bring in my benefit book and I will get it done for free. I am not on benefit of any kind and despite going to the CAB for help a few weeks ago, I am not entitled to benefits of any kind.

So my options are to have it filled. Only she cannot do it today because she is too busy. My extended appointment does not mean anything because she is actually rather busy... Er so why did I bother to book an extended appointment? She could not answer that, but claimed that she wanted to clean my teeth a little more and felt that as a Phobic I would not return to have it done on another day. I have not missed an appointment yet, despite my fear.

So I am dismissed from the chair as if I was an annoying child and told that I must come back another time. Two weeks time in fact, because I can't just book a day off from work in short notice for a simple filling. Then to add insult to injury, I am told that I must pay £46 today for my inspection and filling. A filling I have not yet had!

I hate Dentists, they are vile. I hope that Dentists all go Hell, where they are pulled apart by Demons of the foulest order and tortured for eternity. I hate Dentists, not sure if I mentioned that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:01 AM   #2
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Default Re: Really Fluffing angry at Dentists who are evil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:05 AM   #3
Quedos

i'm going to get my crown fixed for the thrid time at 12. at not with my normal dentist who's a family friend so i'm not looking forward to that as i normally get mates rates and becuase rico said that they didn't think they would be able to repair this time. - 32 and i'm about to get my first falsie
Old 05-11-09, 11:05 AM   #4
ChrisCaveman

A filling on the NHS should cost no more than £46.40 for everything, from start to finish.
If they just took some X-Rays and a simple inspection today you are not required to pay any more than £16.50 for the checkup and the remaining amount is due on completion of the filling.

It is always a good idea to get a complete receipt for what you have paid for, I know too many people who have had to dispute their bills from dentists after being charged twice.

And yes, they are all disgusting cretins and should burn

Ex: SV650 Naked in Pearl Nebular Black
ChrisCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:08 AM   #5
Quedos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCaveman View Post

i like my dentist - he a mate and a biker to boot!

JF i'm sorry you had a cretin and i'm not surprise you are a bit of a phobic i think iw ould be have a tantrum the next time i go in and telling her to get the work sorted

Last edited by Quedos; 05-11-09 at 11:09 AM.
Old 05-11-09, 11:10 AM   #6
ChrisCaveman

Well... I say all... Maybe there are 1 or 2 nice ones but I've yet to meet any...

My dentist doesn't actually seem to notice that the mouth he's working on is attached to someones face, and does indeed hurt when pulled really, really hard.

Ex: SV650 Naked in Pearl Nebular Black
ChrisCaveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:16 AM   #7
the white rabbit

If you can't get NHS I know the Dental Hospital at the University might be seeking new patients. Nothing to be afeared of any more than a normal dentist.
Old 05-11-09, 11:25 AM   #8
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCaveman View Post
It is always a good idea to get a complete receipt for what you have paid for, I know too many people who have had to dispute their bills from dentists after being charged twice.

Yes, I have a receipt and was quite shocked at the expense. However it was not explained to me properly that the bill covered all work to be done. I thought they were charging me for work they should have done but had not.

By the way, I so agree with your last statement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Great film, I have even seen that show performed on stage and loved every second. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quedos View Post
JF i'm sorry you had a cretin and i'm not surprise you are a bit of a phobic i think iw ould be have a tantrum the next time i go in and telling her to get the work sorted
Thank you for giving me a place to vent my disgust and anger. I am now going to go and hide in the broom cupboard with a bottle of vodka and a packet of tranquillisers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:39 AM   #9
Bri w

Sounds like new dentist reqd.

The last dentist I saw, May 1982, suggested I have all my teeth removed. I asked him to fill the three he thought needed some work on. 27 years later, and virtually no problems during that period.

I'm just about needing some treatment but I need to finish the vodka and valium first.

Totally phobic about dentists

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-09, 11:58 AM   #10
husky03
Mega Poster

aye there all bams except when your rolling around the floor with a jaw the shape of a rugby ball and your face is throbbing like a hard-0n-who do you go and see to get fixed?.

I used to hate going pretty much the same as you but when it got to the stage where a grown man was bubbling on the floor in his mums arms i decided enough is enough and found my B0LL0CK5
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote