SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-08-08, 06:48 PM   #11
gettin2dizzy

Default Re: Dogs B*ll***s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Have you experience of this?
I was captain of the ball sports team. Oh yes.
Old 09-08-08, 07:49 PM   #12
shonadoll

How old is he and has he been used at stud? To be honest, it may not solve the issue, especially if he's been used for stud as once they have a go, they like it!

You may be better speaking to the vet and having a chemical type castration drug tried on him,usually Tardak, to see if that helps, then going ahead with the op if it does. If they have been used at stud it can very often be more of a behavioural issue than than a hormonal one, as evidenced by dogs who haven't been castrated who aren't bothered with humping.

I've got two cockers, both entire males, and not had them neutered and won't unless I have to. Saying that, it's not a big op nowadays - they usually are back to normal within a couple of days, if that! We always laugh because owners can't keep them still for even a day after normally, and the vets always say try and keep them quiet till the post op check-yeah right.

It's also worth asking a vet/behaviourist if he's a good candidate- if he is at all nervy or timid, castration can make things worse.

He's gorgeous, saw a pic of him in another thread.
Old 09-08-08, 08:01 PM   #13
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

dHe is lovely, very good looking pooch.

He has never been used for stud, I wanted to but decided against all the checks etc and thought it better to go down this route.

He has calmed down alot compared to how he used to be, he never sat still, wouldnt repsond to command, chewed all dogs necks in a nasty way and was generally a terror dog.

Now he is great, sits down when he sees a dog coming, looks at me to give him the play command then pounces ... but its just his humping of children and puppies that I could do with kerbing, parents are getting a bit upset when I am rolling around laughing at Sam humping their child in the middle of the field. And once he hooks on thats it

I will speak to vet before I take him in though, see if they think I am doing right thing.
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012

Last edited by Shellywoozle; 09-08-08 at 09:20 PM. Reason: spelling
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-08, 09:16 PM   #14
the_runt69

My Collie wouldnt talk to me for days after I took him down to have his off, But it did calm him down a bit and as We have a female dog as well couldnt leave him intact as She was younger than him and had to have a season before we had her done.
Old 09-08-08, 09:27 PM   #15
K

I can recommend having him Tardak'd first.

A friend of mine who has two working Black Labs was getting problems with the younger of the two. Dominance issues that were being compounded by his lack of obedience regarding his social behaviour.
Having him chemically castrated reduced his alpha oeverdrive so to speak and allowed for a bit of further training for his obedience.
Once the drug was beginning to wear off his behaviour was controllable and so there was no need for him to actually lose his jewels permanently.

I'd suggest it as an alternative coupled with some intensive obedience training, you can always have it done again if you need more time to achieve results.

I also have had two Cocker Spaniels - now the first - Kodo - well, lets just say at first we thought he was either gay or simply bi-curious. Lets just say that he never showed the slightest interest.
Spider on the otherhand has shown a certain love affair with one particular cushion, but that has been banned to his nest behind the sofa just so he doesn't actually embarass himself infront of company. As far as the rest of the world is concerned, he appears to have found his one true love and is content with that.
Old 09-08-08, 09:29 PM   #16
timwilky
Mega Poster

Jaspers had to go when the ladies of the house objected to his excitable ways. David and myself cringed, called them heartless bitches but would they listen no.

Calm him down, no way. He is as nuts as ever, just less messy
Old 09-08-08, 09:31 PM   #17
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

LOL K, Samson is just embarassin. I found a Springer bitch local to me and out walking one day she was sat there on path with her owner who was chatting to me. Sam was paying no interest, owner bent down to stroke Sam who then latched onto his arm and humped him LOL.

He humps me when he is excited, humps any man that comes through my door and any youngster.

Took him to the vets and the vet went to stroke him and off he went again.

LOL one randy dog. But he has NEVER tried to hump a bitch LOL weird
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

Old 09-08-08, 09:33 PM   #18
the_runt69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
He humps me when he is excited,
Something you not telling us Shell
Old 09-08-08, 09:53 PM   #19
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_runt69 View Post
Something you not telling us Shell
About all I get nowadays LOL

Dog humpin my arm .... no I do stop him, that'd be incest I am his Mummy

Old 09-08-08, 10:46 PM   #20
kwak zzr

let him have his fill he enjoys it hehe