SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-08-08, 06:45 PM   #31
kwak zzr

Default Re: Dogs B*ll***s

Leave him alone!!!!
Old 10-08-08, 06:56 PM   #32
markmoto

Save samsons Nuts, save samsons nuts
Old 10-08-08, 07:30 PM   #33
Jinxy43

that sounds a good charity to start mototech
Old 10-08-08, 08:33 PM   #34
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
If you are not showing him or breeding from him it is the best thing you can do for him We had Lupo "done" at 11 months old and he not only calmed down, he is nowhere near as dominant. Its not an overall fix for hyperactive or unruley dogs but it certainly helps as well as keeping up with current training.

Also if you ever get a 2nd dog it takes away a lot of problems there and also will stop him getting so stressed if there is a bitch in season nearby. Plus it takes away the risk of cancer when he is older.

Sammy
Ah guys you are making me feel bad.

Samson has an Alpha dog issue, he went through a stage of fighting with all male dogs, now he only does it with larger dogs or dogs his size. We have 6 5 month old springer pups and their mum on the field local to me, at the moment he is humping them but when those pups get into "or is alpha dog?" stage Sam will most probably fight with them. He has a Leonberger mate 2 times the size of him and I can't let him near as he is really aggresive with him.

I am looking into it and I will speak to the vet about Tardak (didnt know about this thanks guys) and about the pros and cons.

I didnt want to have him done, hence he is almost 2 yrs and still has his pride but I want to be able to let him roam around without him fighting and growling at all male dogs.

There are alot of Rotties and German Shepherds he has a go at and I fear one day he will have a go at the wrong dog. I already take out a 60ft lead which he is kept on when I am unsure about the dogs about, I pull him in near when I am unsure yet he can still run about.

Ahhh Sam may still have his 2 veg yet
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-08, 08:33 PM   #35
sarah

chop 'em off
Old 11-08-08, 06:29 AM   #36
gettin2dizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah View Post
chop 'em off
Thank god women will never land themselves in power...
Old 11-08-08, 06:51 AM   #37
shonadoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigor View Post
http://www.apbc.org.uk/article4.htm

Also why do people feel that they don't want to neuter their dogs but its perfectly ok to send their bitch in for spaying when its a much more risky procedure??

Sammy
Pyometra is a very real threat to bitches- basically a pus filled infected uterus. It's also hellishly hard to diagnose sometimes, and can lead to death, sometimes very quickly.
Old 11-08-08, 07:04 AM   #38
K

Kodo was a 'complete' dog his entire life, but cancer got him iat 13 years . Only it was of the Spleen, which many Spaniel breeds run a higher risk of than testicular.
Old 11-08-08, 07:25 AM   #39
rigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellywoozle View Post
Ah guys you are making me feel bad.
Don't feel bad trust me he wont miss them and he will lead a much happier life.

Quote:
Samson has an Alpha dog issue
This is why we had Lupo done, especially the breed he is where Dog against Dog agression is high between the same sex of dogs. He also tried to be dominant with us and used to climb between me and James when we sat on the sofa and stand over James.

Quote:
I am looking into it and I will speak to the vet about Tardak (didnt know about this thanks guys) and about the pros and cons.
Please be very careful if you go down this route as it throws up its own problems. Please please do as much research as you can.

Quote:
I didnt want to have him done, hence he is almost 2 yrs and still has his pride but I want to be able to let him roam around without him fighting and growling at all male dogs.
I think you have answered your own question really and it really is for the best, the last thing you want is for a dog to come into the field he is playing in and for Samson to get hurt or for him to hurt another dog. At 2 he will pretty much be mature and to be honest without very heavy training it will be hard to make him behave better, dogs are dogs! Imagine him meeting Lupo on a walk and Samson starting on him Not that Lupo would do much since he has been done he is more chilled out, but i don't think he would back down if he was attacked.

Sammy
Old 11-08-08, 07:31 AM   #40
rigor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonadoll View Post
Pyometra is a very real threat to bitches- basically a pus filled infected uterus. It's also hellishly hard to diagnose sometimes, and can lead to death, sometimes very quickly.
There are 2 types, open and closed. The closed is far worse purely for the fact that you don't know anything is wrong as there is no discharge. The dog can go down hill rapidly after only 24 hours it is one of the main worries for not spaying a bitch, other than pregnancy unwanted litters etc, plus phantom pregnancies which are a nightmare!!

Sammy