SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-06-10, 10:43 AM   #1
metalhead19

Default Always more problems that you realise...

Well, i dismantled the front end of my SV to upgrade the fork springs to improve handling ect. Then notice the extent of rust on the bottom yoke, fair enough il clean all that off no problems, then just moved the bars from one side to the other.....flat spot in the turning circle.... fantastic, now i need to replace the taper roller bearings (presume that is what is on the SV). Im gna guess it was caused by the garage where i got it from over tightening the steering stem nut.

Anyway, rant over, bike is in bits instead of being ridden in the lovely sunshine.

Can anyone recommend me a place to get the new taper roller bearings near Farnham?
Cheers

Last edited by metalhead19; 25-06-10 at 11:43 AM.