SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-07-23, 05:54 PM   #11011
redtrummy

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

I was brought up on a council estate just post war so loads of different class of people. It was a great childhood with good neighbors all around. Dad bought a piece of land and there was a dispute over the boundary and I was also called council scum. When I married we bought a place on a very quiet road, had great neighbours for 18 yrs or so until next door changed hands and then the atmosphere totally changed. It is a real lottery whether the neighbours are good or bad. Moved back to my Dads place (big garden and fields behind (for now) but I do miss the wonderful times we had. (Dogs next door where we are now live outside and would bark all day if I let them.
Having experienced both scenarios I can sympathies with you.
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-23, 08:20 PM   #11012
rowdy

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to be a nuisance neighbour and we try very hard not to be.
I just don’t get people that move to the country from more urban areas, that think they are moving to some idyllic and peaceful location when they move into a three bed ex council semi, when they really should be living in a one or two bed detached house or bungalow where the chances of disturbance from an adjoining family inhabited home are much lower.

That and the fact townies are very naive. Not long after the neighbours moved in there was a knock at the door. My wife was asked by the neighbour if she could come and look at an injured bird she found in the garden. She thought it was a duck. It was a fecking wood pigeon, and a very sick one at that, being eaten by maggots. I had to go round there when I got home from work and dispose of it.
Silver pointy sk3, tail tidy, single seat cowl, fairing lowers, smoke double bubble screen, carbon hugger and front mudguard, full race M4 system, K&N filter, GSXR1000K2 forks, wheel and discs, GSXR750 calipers, HEL braided lines, TL1000s clip-ons, Gilles rearsets, Chinese cnc levers, led indies.
rowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-23, 09:49 AM   #11013
Bibio
Mega Poster

i stay in council estate but my neighbours are superb (well most of them). i'm on an end terrace and i could not ask for a better adjoining neighbour, he cuts my grass and hedge and i let him park in my drive. never ever complain about each others tv, music or parties. neighbours at the back are superb, there is even one that goes to the shops for me and vice versa. if any of us need anything doing then we just ask.

yes i had a bit of trouble with some of the youths but a quick going round the doors put a stop to that.

i would just like to add that where i stay was classed as one of the most undesirable areas of kirkcaldy but the street i stay is great. i originally come from the very centre (montague street) of edinburgh but i prefer it here. fifers by and large are very nice friendly people but you do get scum just like everywhere else.

yes i feel blessed sometimes.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-23, 06:36 PM   #11014
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Rain, rain,rain.

Sent from my moto g(50) using Tapatalk
Old 26-07-23, 07:17 PM   #11015
Craig380
Mega Poster

I got out for a good ride this morning but have ridden a LOT less this summer compared to the past couple of years.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-23, 09:06 PM   #11016
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Just managed to dodge the rain this morning on my walk from Mitchell's Fold to Bromlow Callow and back. It just started as we got back to the car. Been continuous ever since....
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-23, 07:54 AM   #11017
Craig380
Mega Poster

I might have mentioned this before but the stone circle at Mitchell's Fold is one of the spookiest places I've ever been. I've no idea why but to me, there's an dark vibe about it which I found really unsettling, in a way that I've never felt at any other ancient site such as the Rollright Stones or the old Iron Age forts in Northumberland.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-23, 09:21 AM   #11018
redtrummy

Phone /broadband noisy. You tell them you have checked it at the demarcation point as it comes into the premises, but they still send you an idiots guide on what to go through before they will except that they have to look at the problem
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-23, 09:35 AM   #11019
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
I might have mentioned this before but the stone circle at Mitchell's Fold is one of the spookiest places I've ever been. I've no idea why but to me, there's an dark vibe about it which I found really unsettling, in a way that I've never felt at any other ancient site such as the Rollright Stones or the old Iron Age forts in Northumberland.
Just continuing this here.....
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-23, 05:38 PM   #11020
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

When your customer headhunts your account director responsible for that customer... What muppet failed to put a restriction clause in their employment contract?

All the "only share the summaries" instructions we've been getting along fine with for years are now "give me the nth degree of detail or I won't sign off your invoices!" is driving us nuts.