SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Tyres Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 16-08-05, 06:34 PM   #91
Stig

I'm afraid I can not answer that question. Not ridden hard for HOW MANY MILES

Seriously though, I would not have thought this was a contributing factor at all. More likely it just the roads you ride. The conti's I have found get warmed up very quickly and for little effort to.
Old 16-08-05, 06:38 PM   #92
sd1cko

Quote:
Not ridden hard for HOW MANY MILES
hehe tend to see a lot of wet weather, and if i dont i have the missus on the back!

I never used to have problems with sliding! So im either letting my riding skills slip, or its crap roads, and perhaps the heat make the rubbbish surfaces worse. Some of the roads i go on to the local sherburn meet are a bit "patchy" or perhaps the tyres are just at the end of there road and prefer more grip one the edges!?

**edit** oh well, off to purchase some more at the end of the month i suppose , along with a well worn chain which i have put off for long enough now
Old 18-08-05, 05:09 AM   #93
650newb

well then, down to me for the (short)wet report:

ive ridden in the wet quite alot with the conti's on and although most of my journey's are on the A14, the grip is still remarkable on the corners even after doing about 6-7k miles on them and the rear squaring off.

i'll let someone that can lean better than me do a better report as im still learning to lean properly
Old 19-08-05, 01:52 AM   #94
rictus01
Mega Poster

Well I was going to try these next, but considering I'm looking at about 10k or so from my Z6's on the Triumph I can't see the conti's lasting anywhere near that having to deal with a 200kg/ 138bhp bike .

Might give the vipers a bash

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-05, 09:03 AM   #95
PoRk ChOp

I had a pair of Road Attacks fitted last week as the origional tyres had squared off a little.

After much ringing around to get a decent price, I eventually got the 2 fitted (ride in/out service) from National Tyres for..........£130! I told them another company would do them for that price so they price matched, if you dont ask you dont get.

Initial thoughts - So much more grip than the crap that the bike comes fitted with. The bike turns in so much better now and is far more predictable. The grip in the wet is better, but it's the confidence that they give you that makes the difference.

I should have ditched the dunlops a long time ago.
Old 28-03-06, 08:46 AM   #96
Grinch

Right... I've had a Conti Road Attack put on my rear last week (020 on the front) and I've now done over 500 miles. No problems in either the cold, wet or dry, I can't say I've yet to notice more grip then the old 020 that was on there. Though it has not got worse, as the roads start to dry up I'll push the tyre a bit more and will also try to keep track of the mileage.
Old 04-05-06, 08:22 AM   #97
SpankyHam

My Road Attacks have been fitted now for 5000 miles.

Front: You can still read the "Road Attacks" logo not squared off.

Rear: Still have ~2 - 3 mm left in them. Not squared off.
Old 04-05-06, 12:56 PM   #98
jim@55

my rear (ra)is a wee bit squared off now (3000)miles ,il prob need a new tyre some point soon .Can i mix and go for a metz z6 on the rear with an ra front or am i gonna have to replace 'like with like'
Old 29-06-06, 07:14 PM   #99
admin
John T
Mega Poster

I had Contiforces on the old curvy SV and thought they were pretty good. My new 04 SV still had Dunlop 220s on it when I got it last October and the front tyre was about shot after 7k.

I didn't think the dunlops were too bad, I'd had no nasty moments either in the wet or the dry. So should I stick with them I thought.

Before deciding I read the threads here and decided to go back to Conti. I've had a road attack fitted to the front and I'm chuffed to bits. The bike steers so much better than before. It just rolls into corners in a with such ease. Some of this may be down to going from a worn tyre to a new one, but I think its more than that.

The rear is getting as well now, so guess what's going on that.

My 2p

John
Old 20-11-07, 06:40 PM   #100
Zokambaa

Default Re: Continental Tyres *Updated*

I just got a couple of the conti road attacks
Front Made in Korea and Manufactured in Nov 06
Rear Made in German and Manufactured May 07
(the number after the DOT ie: xxxxxx2507 tells the week/year made see thumbnail below)

So, has anyone noticed a quality issue with the tires made in Korea? How about mileage difference between fronts made in Germany and Fronts made in Korea (or with regular front tread and VS with reversed pattern)

I know tread is a reversed pattern on the front, has anyone noticed any reduced grip in the rain? I wouldn't think it would matter as the contact patch on a bike is much smaller than a car and the tread lines seem to always have one side open anyway (unless you were running nearly flat)

I'm temted to get mine put on now... but we'll have snow here soon.. so I'll probably wait for the spring thaw.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ContiTireAge.JPG (42.5 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Zokambaa; 20-11-07 at 06:42 PM.
Zokambaa is offline   Reply With Quote