SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

View Poll Results: Do you have a tattoo?
Yes 33 46.48%
No, and I don't want one 25 35.21%
No, but I want one 13 18.31%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-07-05, 04:45 PM   #1
El Saxo

Default Who has a tattoo?

After reading the post about giving blood (tenuous link, i know), it got me wondering how many forum members have tattoos...

So, do you have any? If so - how many, what is the tattoo, where on your body and finally, what made you choose that particular tattoo? (if you are planning to have one, please mention that too).

I only have one, four symbols on my lower back from Led Zeppelin's fourth album. I chose it cos it's a connection with my Dad. Currently trying to decide on a 2nd tattoo that equally connects to my Mum.
Old 05-07-05, 04:49 PM   #2
Carsick

I have a few and got one more planned which I think will be my last.
First two are small heiroglyphics on my chest which I like the meaning of; a little cheesy maybe, but I like them. The second is a tribal design on my back, I chose that because the mood of the design was right and it fitted well with my body.
My next planned one is a sort of continuation of the one on my back which will go all the way up to my shoulders and just peak over.
Old 05-07-05, 04:53 PM   #3
sharriso74

Got one on my upper arm, it's in Thai and is basically the mantra that I live my life to. Got my best friends wife to translate for me, so no hidden supprises
Old 05-07-05, 04:57 PM   #4
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Default Re: Who has a tattoo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Saxo
I only have one, four symbols on my lower back from Led Zeppelin's fourth album. I chose it cos it's a connection with my Dad. Currently trying to decide on a 2nd tattoo that equally connects to my Mum.
My Tattoo is from an album cover as well, its the Sun off Spirtiualized Electric Mainline's Pure Phase

I'd like to get this done (the snakes - not the background)

http://fotos.pere.net/escher/snakes.jpg

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-05, 05:24 PM   #5
K

I've got three.

The first was a blue Wyvern on my left shoulderblade - it's still my favourite even though it's not as sharp after nearly 19 years.

The second is a blue Dragon on my right hip - I went to a different artist than the first on the advice of others. This one has not stood the test of time as well as the first, even though it's a couple of years younger.
Off and on I've considered having it either removed or covered with a different design. Maybe something 'tribal'.

The last (about 15 years ago) is a white rose & barbed wire on my left butt cheek. Suitably cliched I know, but I've always disliked red roses and far prefered white.
It's the one that's only been seen by less than five men since I've had it, and having it done made me giggle... alot!

All three I designed myself and had kicking around amongst a lot of other designs for quite a while before settling on each one.

I have often thought of having something done over/around all the scars on my left leg, but apart from the fact that I doubt the skin there would react well to it, I become prouder of my scars over the years now and would rather leave them alone.

Don't ask me why, but I've also always wanted a tatoo of the barcode from a Heinz Baked Bean tin on my ankle too. Just never got round to it.
Old 05-07-05, 05:34 PM   #6
Balddood

I have one or two.

Sean
Old 05-07-05, 05:35 PM   #7
Moo

None.
Old 05-07-05, 05:38 PM   #8
hall13uk

none & it staying that way .
Old 05-07-05, 05:41 PM   #9
Tara

Got a dolphin on my right hip had it about 8 years now
Old 05-07-05, 05:43 PM   #10
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K
Don't ask me why, but I've also always wanted a tatoo of the barcode from a Heinz Baked Bean tin on my ankle too. Just never got round to it.
Now that, strangely, is quite a stylish idea.