SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-03-06, 03:01 PM   #1
Ward8124

Default East Anglia riders

Does anyone off here come from Cambridge/Cambs who goes out for blasts now and again? Just moved into a new house there and therefore no longer a qualified soho massive member....ish
Old 09-03-06, 03:17 PM   #2
minifun

I am from Peterborough - where in cambs are ya!?!

I used to ride an sv and now thinking of getting another one - funds permitting - used to go to soho too!!

Check out the p'borough mcc site if you are near peterborough - www.peterboroughmotorcycle.co.uk

Ems

FZ6 & VFR400 NC24
Old 09-03-06, 03:19 PM   #3
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Bloody hellfire

Minifun? Can it really be

How be the Big Bandit?
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-06, 03:25 PM   #4
Ward8124

Quote:
Originally Posted by minifun
I am from Peterborough - where in cambs are ya!?!

I used to ride an sv and now thinking of getting another one - funds permitting - used to go to soho too!!

Check out the p'borough mcc site if you are near peterborough - www.peterboroughmotorcycle.co.uk

Ems

FZ6 & VFR400 NC24
A place just off the A14 called Longstanton near Barhill.
Old 09-03-06, 04:17 PM   #5
minifun

Yer - its me!! lol

The Bandit was a little to big and after being knocked off it lost confidence!!... - so I got an R6 last summer had a great laugh - took it round Cadwell and then decided I needed a more upright riding position as I do quite a lot of miles so got the FZ6 - great bike but you have to rev it a lot like the R6 and think the old SV would suit me better for the type of riding I do!! lol - gone round in a big circle!! I have the VFR400 for the track this year so that should be a laugh though not ridden it yet as few bits to sort first!! Should never have sold the SV!! Anyone got a cheap curvey for sale!!

I know bar hill - well I know where it is!! Lol!! Do you go to Hertford Marina in the summer? I go so maybe could meet you there when the weather improves!!

Emma
Old 09-03-06, 04:38 PM   #6
Ward8124

Can't say I do mate as im fair "new" to the area.......well I know most of cambridge and surrounding area but hooking up for a blast sounds good to me although it doesnt really matter to me what the conditions are
Old 09-03-06, 04:42 PM   #7
jonboy

Bloody hell, Emma that really you? Great to see you're okay, we must all catch up soon .

As for the Cambridge area, yup I'm from Royston so Cambridge is on my doorstep. And wadyamean you don't qualify as a Massive member? I still go regularly (and no wisecracks from certain people if you please) and enjoy the fifty mile trip in to the bright lights - in summer it's a wonderful start to the weekend (and I'm always happy to meet up and travel in with you if you're not a complete wuss ).

Old 09-03-06, 04:47 PM   #8
minifun

I don't mind the cold, been out every weekend this year nearly - just not really a fan of getting soaked!!

Hertford doesn't get going till the sun comes out and the evenings get longer but will let you know when I go and will meet up somewhere first if ya like!! I am sure some others from this site went last year - I went with peeps from peterborough - none with an SV though!!! Lol

Ems
Old 09-03-06, 04:58 PM   #9
Ward8124

Well i did say Ish but yeah thats sounds good to me
Old 09-03-06, 09:30 PM   #10
chunkytfg

I'm over in watton nearish thetford/attleborough. always up for a rideout if i'm free and it's not raining