SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 21-08-08, 09:46 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Me at 'the rock'

Oh and as this is the .org .... one of me on the SV when I took that out!!

Old 21-08-08, 09:48 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Me at 'the rock'

cracking pictures them! get a sponsor and do the R1 cup
Old 21-08-08, 09:54 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
cracking pictures them! get a sponsor and do the R1 cup
Is there even such a thing?? I know they did the R6 cup ... then they did the Gixer6 cup (or whatever they called it) ... didn't know they did an R1 cup too!!
Old 21-08-08, 10:01 PM   #4
Sean_C

I can't see the pics?
Old 22-08-08, 12:51 AM   #5
El Saxo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
Is there even such a thing?? I know they did the R6 cup ... then they did the Gixer6 cup (or whatever they called it) ... didn't know they did an R1 cup too!!
R1 Cup is one of the support series for BSB this season
Old 22-08-08, 04:31 AM   #6
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Yeah, but you shell out 15k to enter and you don't keep the bike!

Cool pics.

Have you got new leathers? And stuck a Ducati badge on there? And changed your name to Andy? What gives?
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08, 08:19 AM   #7
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Yeah, but you shell out 15k to enter and you don't keep the bike!

Cool pics.

Have you got new leathers? And stuck a Ducati badge on there? And changed your name to Andy? What gives?

£15k with that sort of exposure is a bargain if it included all expenses ... you can spend that on club racing!! ... and you still ahve to buy/fix the bike!!

The leathers are just like my old ones (but less scabby) and go with my new 1098

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 22-08-08 at 08:22 AM.
Old 22-08-08, 09:01 AM   #8
Tim in Belgium

Blue your riding style gets worse and worse, these pics look like they could be anyone off to the shops or doing the daily commute on the bike

It's time you learnt to lean the bike over a little!
Old 22-08-08, 09:06 AM   #9
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
£15k with that sort of exposure is a bargain if it included all expenses ... you can spend that on club racing!! ... and you still ahve to buy/fix the bike!!
Not if you hand over the dough and then 'write yourself off' in the first race. I'd rather have some kind of tangible asset for my 15k

Actually blue, would you give us a run down of your bike racing/trackday career to date? Surely you were sh!t at some point - everyone has to start somewhere! Just wondering how you got to the standard you are today i.e how many season of reason, trackdays, track tuition etc?
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30

Last edited by lukemillar; 22-08-08 at 09:10 AM.
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-08, 09:32 AM   #10
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Blue your riding style gets worse and worse, these pics look like they could be anyone off to the shops or doing the daily commute on the bike

It's time you learnt to lean the bike over a little!
Joking aside, of all the pics taken of me on the day, they are prolly the best ... and I am still not happy with them ... none of them make me look like I am 'on-it'

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar View Post
Not if you hand over the dough and then 'write yourself off' in the first race. I'd rather have some kind of tangible asset for my 15k

Actually blue, would you give us a run down of your bike racing/trackday career to date? Surely you were sh!t at some point - everyone has to start somewhere! Just wondering how you got to the standard you are today i.e how many season of reason, trackdays, track tuition etc?
You want a full tome?!?

I was always fast, even on my first trackday (open pitalne), I was the fastest rider there, excluding the one racer that was testing there, and I wasn't massively slower ... and I was on a bog-stock road bike (R6).

At that point I signed up to go racing ... so I had had 1 trackdays experience!!

I got a new R6, but this time converted it directly to a racebike from new. It was basically a stock bike with a race fairing on it - I figured we were all rookies, that is all I'd need. I did another trackday (sessioned this time) to run the bike in ... even though I was running the bike in ... I was still the fastest dude there .... at this point I thought I was going to walk my rookie year (Rookie 600).

I had spectated at a race meet about a year before, but I had never been in a race paddock before and I didn't know anyone that had already been doing it. I had a mate that was starting at the same time though.

Anyway, my rookie year ...

I had no idea what I was doing when I arrived at the paddock and it was bedlam ... people fighting for paddock space and people hogging massive areas .... a very hostile place ... the weather was **** too ...

At this point I didn't have any wets ... just the bog stock dunlops the bike came with. I lined up on the grid … a grid awash with people on full wets and x-bss bikes ….

Oh feck!!

Needless to say I was to the lower end of the finishing grid. I didn’t come last, but prior to this I was disillusioned enough to think I’d be wandering off at the front … sure I had a wrong tyre choice, but I could see I was out of my league …

Got some Ohlins for the bike about 1/3 way into the season but still with a stock engine. I was now top 15. 1/2 way into the season, I was top 10. By 2/3 I had my first podium. But I was really struggling on power at this point!!! (stock I was about 20hp down on the big boys!!).

And that was my rookie year!!

In consequent years I got faster, but technology was moving on and I didn't have the funds to keep up ...