SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Mini-Twins Goto Minitwins Official Site

Old 07-02-16, 08:39 PM   #11
Bunkle

Default Re: Battery & R/R relocation help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
Nice place to put the RegReg is on the left side of the bike under the left upper engine mount.
Use a 15cm strip of ally and bolt it up to the upper mount, placing it here will allow it to be connected straight to the alternator and it will be in the airflow past the engine.

Ive put the starter relay on the right side (inside frame just behind the front engine mount), as ive removed the stock water overflow bottle (got smaller one( it has freed up one of the mounts which the relay bracket can bolt to.

I am going to mount the ignition unit on the inside of the frame.
Cheers TSM, that's a couple of ideas worth looking into, I need to wrap the race loom anyway so still time to move those components around (any photos would be dead handy if possible bud?).
Where did you locate the battery?

Looks like my stock battery will foul the fairings so I've got to get a smaller one and a tray to suit.

Bimbling - VZ Marauder with a 600 Bandit lump
Bunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 09:12 PM   #12
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

I have fireblade tail so unfortunately its battery on right side of front cylinder.
Still all my wiring to be done on mine as now ive got ZXR clocks, times counting down to start of race season in march, been wasting too much time getting 675 fairing working on my bike.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-16, 10:44 PM   #13
Bunkle

I've got a fire blade seat unit too.
I did gave an M1 fairing but since I've swapped the front end for a Gsxr k5 set up I'll be fitting 675 fairings.
Any tips? I'll need to make up some brackets if you wouldn't mind showing me any templates?

Bimbling - VZ Marauder with a 600 Bandit lump
Bunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 12:17 AM   #14
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunkle View Post
I've got a fire blade seat unit too.
I did gave an M1 fairing but since I've swapped the front end for a Gsxr k5 set up I'll be fitting 675 fairings.
Any tips? I'll need to make up some brackets if you wouldn't mind showing me any templates?
675 fairings, haaa good luck.

its a ******* to fit depending on the exhaust system you are using and how much cutting you want to do, ive got the TT version of the fairing, the way ive mounted means I can use the top radiator mount points to hold the upper fairing (just using some ally strips i got from a bellypan fitting kit, works well, ive not had to cut around the bars (some other have where they make it sit lower) but at the bottom ive had to cut a fair bit and create a trench as my exhaust is twin barrel instead of shotgun which has been annoying. Some people have mounted the fairing so low that they can not use a headstock lift without it pushing on the fairing. From what ive read there are many variants of the fairing and none are the same fitment.

http://forums.sv650.org/showthread.php?t=153136&page=12
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-16, 10:28 AM   #15
r0ddy

My rec reg is bolted to the side of my battery box on the front left side of the bike. its spaced away from the ally of the box with a couple of nuts to give it a bit more air.

have you got a race/ally front subframe? if not i'd recommend getting one as it makes fitting diff fairings a bit easier as you can bend it to shape to suit whatever you decide.

re: making up brackets i measure/make my own as you can get them spot on how you want them, usually as below.

- get the bike on front & rear stands (make sure bike is level but make sure if youre using headstock front stand instead of underfork you account for the fork extension)

- put the bellypan under the bike, fasten it to the top section of fairing

- rest the bellypan on blocks of wood, books, bricks , anything to get it so its off the ground. then take a step back, eye it up make adjustments to the way its sitting.

-take a look from the front & back make sure its straight (i get the bars straight and check the front of the nose to the front wheel & the middle of the screen to the tank filler & back of the bellypan to centre of the rear wheel. If you have or can borrow a laser makes it alot easier)

-once happy drill the top fairing holes and stick some bolts in

- measure up and bend some ally strips to mount anywhere you can bolt them ( i use engine & exhaust mounts)

- i use fairing Nylons to make it easier when it comes to removing the fairing etc.but thats optional

- check bar clearance, mark & cut

sounds easy doesnt it?

Last edited by r0ddy; 09-02-16 at 10:30 AM.
r0ddy is offline   Reply With Quote