SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-11-20, 10:48 AM   #1
rob1

Question givi panniers ?

i've just got my new bike and plan to fit my existing panniers and top box to the bike. These are givi branded, and part numbers 3111FZ and PLX3111.

However, what ive discovered is that to fit the panniers the rear indicators have to be moved.

Has anyone actually had to do this or know how much of a pain this this to do, ive tried to google and on some reviews it mentions the oem wiring isnt long enough to reach the new location.

I suppose what i really need to know is what type of connectors i will need to work with and if they are standard in some way so i can try to buy something pre-made rather than have to hack something together myself. Im a little amazed that they dont supply such things after knowing their customers are going to experience these issues.
rob1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-20, 07:49 PM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: givi panniers ?

It might be easier to cut the existing wiring and just solder or crimp in an extension.
Old 23-11-20, 08:52 PM   #3
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

Default Re: givi panniers ?

You can get "indie leads" they plug into the stock wiring loom and allow after market indicators to plug straight into them

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Oxford-Indi.../dp/B00TA1GM2K
Old 24-11-20, 12:22 AM   #4
rob1

Question Re: givi panniers ?

awesome thanks, ill have to take it apart one day to look inside. shame you cant buy the male and female connectors so you get nice oem fitting...

does anyone know what these type of square connectors are called?

Last edited by rob1; 24-11-20 at 11:28 PM.
rob1 is offline   Reply With Quote