SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Stuff Wanted Looking for SV bits, nothing in For Sale? Place a plea here.

Old 24-10-07, 08:52 PM   #1
erics02

Default found 1st gen lower fairings!

I have been looking for good first gen lower fairings for the s models and came across some for 300.00$... if you keep checking on ebay, theyll pop up for 280.00 shipped anywhere in the U.S. they come in ABS black so some primer and paint is needed. I dont work for these guys but I know alot of people are afer lowers and i got these and they look pretty good on the bike/ affordable!
heres the link,, next best thing to factory lowers

http://www.superbikestore.com/sv650_99_02.htm

they have some other c**p too

Last edited by Jester666; 25-10-07 at 10:18 AM.
Old 24-10-07, 09:42 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: found 1st gen lower fairings!

beware powerbronze stuff, its cheap but you can tell in the quality, i had a bellypan colour matched sprayed from them the spray job was rubbish and so was the pan i complained and they offered me a half price hugger but i rejected the offer as someone on this site told me theirs seemed to be made out of something resembling cling film wrap.
Old 24-10-07, 09:43 PM   #3
kwak zzr

the screens seem ok tho.
Old 25-10-07, 01:17 AM   #4
erics02

i definitely wouldnt ask them to paint anything since all they sell is in black plastic.. i dont think many shops charging 280$ for complete lowers would do a good job painting. When the parts come in, ill let you know the quality. They did ship very fast, 2 hours after I ordered. This says one of two things: good business, or I bought a piece of c**p and they wanted to get it off their hands as fast as possible.

Last edited by Jester666; 25-10-07 at 10:19 AM.
Old 30-10-07, 09:19 PM   #5
erics02

well the lower fairings for my 02 svs came in yesterday. From what i heard, I was suprised by the quality of the lower fairings. They were sturdy plastic (which means after a crash theyre toast, unlike fiberglass) and came with all the mounting hardware. So 3 beers later I grabbed my tool set and went to work fitting them.... well, both of the brackets were crooked so the fairings wouldnt even bolt up to them. One bracket looked like a weld had been broken so the welder just tacked the bracket back together,, crooked. Aside from the brackets, I was pleased. Also, one fairing bolt was missing from the kit. I contacted powerbronze today and they sent me an entire new mounting kit this afternoon. I think they take care of the customers well, but somewhere along their way, an employee or two is trying to shortcut or doesnt like his job. Oh, I didnt have them paint my fairings, I just ordered them plain black,, ill get them painted to match. Still, as of this point I am slightly displeased with them but if the new bracket comes in and works, ill be a happy camper.
Old 31-10-07, 08:56 AM   #6
kwak zzr

post some piccy's of you bike with its new clothes its good that PB have customer care.