SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 16-12-18, 08:50 PM   #6741
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Customer followed me around the supermarket this morning then eventually out the door to accost me for stealing a newspaper! I was scanning my shopping as I went but apparently he saw me "scuttling around on the floor to sneak a newspaper into my bag" I was emptying things out to get something out of the bottom of my bag and trying to pack it all back in, all scanned already. I then went through the quick scanner checkout. I asked who he was and if he worked there. He wasn't backing down and was quite insulting! I told him about the self scan system. He didn't seem to understand.

The idea that someone would steal a newspaper!? Aaand do it by emptying out half a bag in the middle of an aisle! I'd be a fairly crap and financially unsuccessful thief if it was true!

Left me really wound up for half the day, not just the accusation, but the way he did it and language he used.
Adam Ef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-18, 08:56 PM   #6742
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post

Only one candidate in my book,
Johnny Rea ?.
Old 17-12-18, 11:20 AM   #6743
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Ef View Post
Customer followed me around the supermarket this morning then eventually out the door to accost me for stealing a newspaper! I was scanning my shopping as I went but apparently he saw me "scuttling around on the floor to sneak a newspaper into my bag" I was emptying things out to get something out of the bottom of my bag and trying to pack it all back in, all scanned already. I then went through the quick scanner checkout. I asked who he was and if he worked there. He wasn't backing down and was quite insulting! I told him about the self scan system. He didn't seem to understand.

The idea that someone would steal a newspaper!? Aaand do it by emptying out half a bag in the middle of an aisle! I'd be a fairly crap and financially unsuccessful thief if it was true!

Left me really wound up for half the day, not just the accusation, but the way he did it and language he used.
care in the community or escapee from local nursing home?

you should have gone up to the customer service counter and said to them about the "stalker".

BTW think of the looks i get as i put my goods in a shopping bag. this stops me buying too much.

Last edited by Bibio; 17-12-18 at 11:22 AM.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-18, 12:42 PM   #6744
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

I thought of a lot of things I should have done in hindsight. I actually got the paper free as they give them away with a spend over a certain amount (you still have to scan it), so technically I didn't pay for it but it was on my receipt and then discounted at the end... so should have said no I haven't paid for it and walked out, letting mayhem unfold as he would likely have gone to tell security.
Old 17-12-18, 03:23 PM   #6745
shiftin_gear98

You should have just laughed in his face. Almost on the point of hysteria, then abruptly stopped.
Cocked your head to one side and stared straight through him.

I think 2 mins would have been enough to freak him out.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-18, 04:20 PM   #6746
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

I wouldn't even bother trying to explain myself. Just tell him to F off and walk away
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-18, 05:01 PM   #6747
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

He did it in a way to draw attention to me, so everyone around was straring at me like I was a thief... very humiliating and insulting! He could have worded it much more diplomatically. The way he said it was a loaded question, basically saying you are a thief. He wasn't really asking a question. Just the fact he said I was "scrabbling around on the floor" shows the attitude and what he was trying to suggest. He already had me judged as guilty dirt and it showed in the way he talked to me. When I told him I used the quick checkout with the self scan app he didn't have a clue what I was on about. Quick to judge with ignorance to back his assumption.
Old 17-12-18, 05:08 PM   #6748
Adam Ef
Mega Poster

Todays waste of time. Now dealing with returns for a few differenet things at once due to people not knowing what they're selling. Pyramid Parts messing about with their wrongly sized SV650 bushes... spending too much time answering their questions.
Another supplier that sent out a multi tool with a bit missing. Rather than put a small 6mm bit in the post to replace the missing part I'm having to deal with two departments, raise returns, fill in paperwork and then wait around for their courier to collect some time in the next 10 days (um, Christmas?). In the meantime I have to order another and will be reimbursed with credit (that I don't want with them as I don't want to order anything else from incompetent idiots).
I've only just got refunds back from someone who sold a gas torch that was a house fire waiting to happen and a cheque from Topyokes for the incorrect throttle cables supplied a few months ago, and I had to pester him for 2 months to even get a reply.
Sick of wasting time sorting out other peoples mess and mistakes.
Old 17-12-18, 06:50 PM   #6749
Bibio
Mega Poster

mother-in-law and tech... her, i got myself a 2TB thumbdrive. me, no you got ripped off. her, no it says 2 TB. me, did it cost upwards of a grand. her, No. me, you got ripped off. in the past year she has had about 3 tablets as she keeps sitting on them. bless her cotton socks...

i'm pretty sure that either her cat eats the thumb drives or there are loads under her bed as she keep loosing the bloody things.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-18, 06:58 PM   #6750
Sir Trev
Mega Poster

I have a repeat prescription (nothing serious thankfully) and my pharmacy dispenses the drugs every two months for a year before I have to request a new one. All worked fine for two years until Saturday. Running low I pop in to be told the system has been changed and the old repeats have all been stopped. Go see your surgery and they'll put you on the new system. Of course they are closed on the weekend and I had to call them this morning... They pretty much told me off for not being clairvoyant about the old process being wound up and I should have come in to see them two weeks ago to make sure I did not run out of my tablets while I wait for my new online account to be set up. WTF!?!