SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-05-07, 05:22 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Throttle body synchronisation K3

i'm going to have a go doing the throttle body snychronisation, noticed i need a tool with some gauges and tubes coming from it. Any help appreciated if someone can already do it or help me source the tool. If i can suss it then it's going to be a wack of money saved for everyone in my area.

Will carbtune do? if so which version

http://www.carbtune.com/
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 18-05-07 at 05:56 PM. Reason: .
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-07, 06:06 PM   #2
kwak zzr

Default Re: Throttle body synchronisation K3

cant help with this mate, this is something i leave my dealer to do.
Old 11-09-07, 05:53 PM   #3
Aidan

I'm interested in the same thing. Looking at the workshop manual it looks quite simple (I'm used to working on cars and bike) - however all the gages on the market seem not to have an adjuster to restrict the airflow as the workshop manual shows.

How much is the suzuki tool? Are there similar alternatives?
Old 11-09-07, 06:01 PM   #4
rictus01
Mega Poster

Carbtune II will do nicely or any of the cheap gauges, most have restrictors to fit in the tubes themselves, within the kits.

attach to each of the vaccum take offs and adjust one to match the other, simple as that.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-07, 06:39 AM   #5
Spanner Man
Mega Poster

Morning all.
Go for a Carbtune 2, they're a top notch bit of kit! Avoid the cheapo gauges, they're about as accurate as an elastic ruler

Cheers.
Old 12-09-07, 07:17 AM   #6
rictus01
Mega Poster

Ok clarification is obviously needed here, the best for home use will be something like the twinmax box , although you do have to swap between feeds if you have more than two cylinders about £60 for the box.
http://www.calamander.co.uk/twinmax/twinmaxmk2.htm

The original Carbtune was mercury filled and needed to be kept upright at all time, good bit of kit but very long & thin (problematic to transport).

Carbtune 2 is without the mercury (as with the gauge types works on vacuum), more compact and robust, again accurate and easy to use, last time I looked about £50
http://www.carbtune.com/

Analog Gauges, well only really two main brands popularly available (yes I know there are more), Davida gauges, these are what I used for years until I lent them out and didn't get them back, a good set in both twin & quad sets,
not sure on price as I got mine about 20 years back, have a good website
http://www.davida.co.uk/type.php?id=gauges

And finally the budget option, from £20, not the best for sure, but having used them several times, more than good enough to make a significant difference and well worth considering if finances are tight.
http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk...l.asp?prod=EVG

anything below that isn't much worth bothering with, or of course see if you can borrow some is an even cheaper way.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 12-09-07 at 07:33 AM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-07, 11:53 AM   #7
johnnyrod
Mega Poster

Don't get the budget ones from Busters, I've used them before and they're awful The Davida ones are top kit and don't have the in-line clamps/valves to damp the gauges because they don't need them. Never used Carbtune but no-one says anythign but good things about them.
johnnyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-07, 08:51 PM   #8
svdemon

http://www.ekmpowershop.com/ekmps/sh...olumn-23-p.asp

£43 delivered for a two cylinder gauge. I fancy having a go at this myself.
Old 08-11-07, 09:56 PM   #9
I'm_a_Newbie

Make your own. Small diameter poly pipe to connect to vacuum take off pipes on bodies. Leave connected when finished and blank off. Get several feet of larger diameter pipe and form a U shape and tape it up a length of wood. Pour some light oil in the pipe so it comes up about a foot on each side. Connect the larger pipes to the smaller pipes. Pinch them while starting the bike and then release them.

Adjust the height of the columns using the balance screw, blip the throttle and let it settle and check and adjust again. Once the columns are level stop the bike, swap the pipes around and start and check again. Don't forget to pinch the pipes while starting.

Once finished, check and adjust the TPS sensor as detailed on this site.

Tim.

Carbtune £55+ Homemade £3.50 from DIY store.
Old 10-11-07, 05:59 PM   #10
Fearg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanner Man View Post
Morning all.
Go for a Carbtune 2, they're a top notch bit of kit! Avoid the cheapo gauges, they're about as accurate as an elastic ruler

Cheers.
I went for carbtune 2, well kind of, the instructions say its a carbtune pro which has replaced the carbtune 2. Ordered Thursday eve online from Morgan Carbtune for £50 arrived this morning. Guess what I have been doing today?