SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 23-07-14, 10:09 PM   #351
Mrs DJ Fridge

Default Re: The Org Bar, Pull up a chair and share. What're you drinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
He's currently touring near there
That makes more sense.
Old 24-07-14, 01:36 PM   #352
Brettus

Default The Org Bar, Pull up a chair and share. What're you drinking?

OK, seeing as I had last night of drinking and was out wandering inadvisable areas until late I thought I'd enjoy my last day away and start early.

Working from left to right, thought I'd check out the only lowland one I picked up (only through lack of availability not choice) and the Isle of Arran one as it is the only distillery on the island before concluding my your of the Islay bunch with Ileach and then an older version of the Bowmore I liked the other night.

So far the Glenkinchie one is a little "unrefined" I'm not meaning to sound unfair, perhaps it is just the difference to Islay ones that I've been having recently. Smells light and sweet. Seems to have a hole in the taste somehow, sort of vacuous. Again not being critical, just trying to describe in my limited way.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:
"Well I've met God and he had nothing to say to me"
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-14, 02:44 PM   #353
Brettus

On to the Arran (14 years) was expecting smoother with the extra years over most of the ones I've had recently but this is almost spicy, some potent flavours, almost sort of coffee in there. Pleasant with the dark chocolate though

Just noticed the Arran one is 46%, perhaps that was making it harder to discern some of the flavours, I diluted a little more but nothing jumped out at me.
K6 SV650S Sport: GSXR 1000 front end, Penske shock, F.Fabbri DB clear screen, colour matched hugger, Corbin riders seat, Evotech tail tidy, Akrapovic full system, Twin 55w HID lights, Givi rack and..... the biggest top box known to man
Quote:

Last edited by Brettus; 24-07-14 at 02:45 PM.
Old 24-07-14, 03:49 PM   #354
Heorot

I agree on the GlenKinchie. Thin and undistinguished. I tried some at the distillery when I lived in Edinburgh,

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-14, 05:07 PM   #355
Brettus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heorot View Post
I agree on the GlenKinchie. Thin and undistinguished. I tried some at the distillery when I lived in Edinburgh,
cool, I'm starting to warm to the idea of a distillery tour err tour

Any of my others of note? I've not selected any with any real intent (other than the 18 yo bowmore) just on names I haven't tried yet.

Still got the highlands to tackle at some point!
Quote:
Old 24-07-14, 06:12 PM   #356
Brettus

The Ileach was really rather nice, peaty again (I'm starting to suspect I have a penchant for these) but with a gentle yet full flavour. Perhaps I just don't yet know what I'm describing in the "full flavour" but like the drinks, I'll improve with age (and experience, that is my excuse at least)
Quote:
Old 24-07-14, 07:04 PM   #357
Brettus

The Bowmore (18 years) (perhaps my own hype has made it so) something to savour, earthy and subtle. Refined, with oaky taste I think. Smells fruity but doesn't really come through in any quantifiable sense in the taste. Just serves a nice base. Definitely on my list to keep an eye out for in future though.
Quote:
Old 25-07-14, 06:47 PM   #358
Heorot

I'm not a fan of Highland whiskies as I prefer a peaty flavour, hence my liking for Ardbeg and Caol Ila. However, due to price I drink Bowmore more than any other. I have tried Glen Scotia, a Campbelltown malt, and liked that. Jura is OK but nothing special. Highland Park from Orkney is good, but again, is expensive.

If you go on a tour, pick a distillery owned by Distillers. When I went to Glenkinchie, I was able to try a number of other brands from the group including Caol Ila. Just make sure that someone else is driving. I was lucky, my partner Sue doesn't like whisky.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-14, 07:23 PM   #359
Matt-EUC
Mega Poster

I'm spending tonight drinking chocolate milk and coffee. Gotta love night shifts.

Sent via the medium of interpretive dance.

White 650 V-Strom
-No mods
Blue curvy 650 (OMFG I FIXED IT!!!)
-200mm Delkevic Stubby.
Matt-EUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-14, 07:28 PM   #360
TamSV
Mega Poster

Just taking a quick break from painting the back porch. I'm on the happy side of a bottle of wine and two bottles of Stella.

The painting's going a lot quickerer than usual
TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote