SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-03-07, 08:53 AM   #1
skint

Default Cold hands anyone?

It seems that no matter what I do my fingers get V cold this time of the year to a point that they go numb and white. I would put this down to bad circulation as well as of course being cold.

I have heated grips (yes I know - a tart!)
Super winter gloves
I make every effort not to grip to tightly so as to improve circulation but to little avail.

I'm generally warm otherwise wearing textiles at moment - just the fingers!

Anyone else suffer this way?
Old 01-03-07, 08:56 AM   #2
tricky

Default Re: Cold hands anyone?

Are you sure the grips are working ?

I'm the opposite, I'm back on to my summer gloves already.

Handguards ?
Old 01-03-07, 09:03 AM   #3
Kinvig

Just before Christmas, I bought those silk inserts to stick inside my gloves.

Wasn't sure if they worked or not so for the last month I've been riding with only hte one insert & for me there is onlya negliible difference. Both hands got numb this morning at around the same time. The one with the insert was slightly less cold around the back of the hand but that was the only difference.
Old 01-03-07, 09:18 AM   #4
21QUEST
Mega Poster

I've only used a pair of Hein Gerieck water proof gloves(not winter gloves) with a pair of silk inner gloves. There is a noticeable difference with and without the inner gloves in my case.

No muffs or heated grips here but I'm Hardcore .....or is because it's been a very mild winter

Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-07, 09:22 AM   #5
Kate

I get cold hands very very quickly but I haven't fitted heated grips (don't want to unless absolutely necessary). I do have a pair of excellent Racer winter gloves and for really cold days I have silk inner gloves that really do make a difference.
Old 01-03-07, 09:28 AM   #6
K

Well obviously you're really a girly - cos it's a medical FACT that their circulation stops at their knees and elbows. Evidence, icy hands and feet.
Old 01-03-07, 09:37 AM   #7
Bluesteel

Perhaps make sure your hands are toasty before they go into the gloves. I find that if I've been fiddling about with my D-lock and house keys, when they're cold and wet, immediately before putting my gloves on I find that my hands never really get warm.
Old 01-03-07, 09:37 AM   #8
skint

Quote:
Originally Posted by K View Post
Well obviously you're really a girly - cos it's a medical FACT that their circulation stops at their knees and elbows. Evidence, icy hands and feet.
no need for that - sure my wife wouldn't agree
Old 01-03-07, 10:25 AM   #9
gettin2dizzy

i'm no believer in these supplements or 'alternative' medicine. But i know a few people who swear by taking ginco. And when its the 3rd most prescribed drug in germany...it does make me think there must be some truth behind it.
Old 01-03-07, 12:42 PM   #10
TC3

I rode in this morning and it was about 4 C and fingers didnt feel the cold in my summer gloves. Thing is last year i had a real bad problem as i am diabetic and circulation isnt great but since nov i have been training 3 times a week and maybe this is keeping the blood pumping around......not sure !