SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-01-07, 07:16 PM   #21
rob13

Aye, ok ill take that back
Old 21-01-07, 07:34 PM   #22
lukemillar
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Quote:
Originally Posted by robchester
Tis ok for you southern lot, you seem to have quite a few tracks about. Up here, we've got Croft but nearest to that is gonna be Cadwell Park.
Not only do you have Croft on your doorstep, but Cadwell is ~140 miles from you, as is Oulton, ... Knockhill and Mallory are about 150-160 too ... so not only do you have Croft on your doorstep, but you have some of the most exhilarating tracks in the UK with a 150 miles radius ...

I have Brands 100 miles, Silverstone 120 ... the next nearest is 200 miles!! The problem with Brands is that it is stupidly expensive (in season)!! And to be fair ... a little boring after a while
Goodwood is probably your local - Shame they don't have bike trackdays there
#24 - Honda VFR400R NC30
lukemillar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 07:39 PM   #23
hovis

pembray or llandow for me............a freind of a freind is a marshel at pembray
Old 21-01-07, 08:07 PM   #24
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemillar
Goodwood is probably your local - Shame they don't have bike trackdays there
There are plenty of minor tracks up north too that I didn't even mention

The only other well know track that is within 100miles of me is Thruxton, but they don't do trackdays there (well perhaps 1 or 2 a year, but that is it).

Hovi5 - Llandow is really good VFM, never been there but looked into it once ... if you get 30 odd ppl together then it works out at ~£100 a day* even in the summer and that is open pitlane (i.e. come and go as you please)

*I can't remember the exact figures/numbers, but it was good VFM.

Pembrey is a fun little track, been there a few times Its got a really nice beach out the back too ... nice for a summer BBQ ... the Welsh are really friendly too ... I was shopping for supplies late night on my way to Pembrey one time ... I had this person follow me round the store for a bit ... I thought they were following me to see if I was gonna nick something ... but then they came up and asked if I was ok had a smile on their face and asked what was I looking for??? ... this wasn't lip-service, they genuinely wanted to help and were genuinely happy ... that's a strange concept round here!!

But yes, you have to travel a bit boy-o if you want to visit any of the big name tracks
Old 21-01-07, 08:14 PM   #25
Jdubya

Dont forget lydden hill for the southerners
Old 21-01-07, 08:30 PM   #26
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya
True enough ... Lydden is still 145 miles from me ... and hardly a major 'big name' track

I'd say if it is on the BSB calender it could be considered a big name track ...
Old 21-01-07, 08:32 PM   #27
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S
Quote:
True enough ... Lydden is still 145 miles from me ... and hardly a major 'big name' track

I'd say if it is on the BSB calender it could be considered a big name track ...
Not on BSB calender but certainly a club favourite...
Old 21-01-07, 08:36 PM   #28
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Not on BSB calender but certainly a club favourite...
So is Pembrey ... but apart from people in the game, who the hell has heard of that?!!? Certainly not many of your average armchair racers
Old 21-01-07, 09:12 PM   #29
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

I will do one, which one i dont know, but im not going to travel too far for one, max around 100 miles from me.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-07, 09:21 PM   #30
hovis

llandow looks like a good track for beginers