SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 31-07-07, 09:46 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default For sale 1999 SV650S Blue £950

For sale 1999 SV650S Blue £950

Basic facts:-
1999 'T' SV650S
Blue
25,000 miles (well 24 and some change!! )
Currently SORN (read below)
Located in Portsmouth area
£950 as is (no MOT and SORN). Or £1050 with full MOT*

*All I think it needs for an mot is a new front leaver (Actually nicked the good one from this bike for my #1 bike, it wasn’t broken on this bike!! ) The front parking light wired up (I think I have a cover knocking around somewhere) and some new FRONT indicators. One of the bulb holders is AWOL, so prolly easiest to buy a new set of indicators, they are only a tenner for the ones like are on there now!!!! EDIT: read below post, most of this has now been done!

Anyway, take it away as you see it in the pic for £950ono or I’ll do the little bits and get an MOT on it, but the price will be £1050 as I have the hassle

Condition:-
Mechanically good, rides really well, cosmetically got the odd niggle (read waffle below), but depends how fussy you are and you have to bear in mind the low asking price you are not gonna get a minter!!

Pic:- (see below for more)

More detail/waffle:-

Ok, this was originally purchased to be my ‘spare’ trackbike, but thankfully never actually seen active service as the #1 has run flawlessly to date … to be fair I hoped this would be the case … if you have a spare #1 will never let you down, if you don’t then it will …. It’s known as sods law that I wanted to rule out by having a spare!! Anyway, I have decided to let it go as I have another bike coming and not really interested in minitwin racing so don’t need a SV as ‘spare’ any more, I will still take 2 bikes, but of different types Basically I have taken this bike out for a few laps every now and then to ‘blow the cobwebs’ but it hasn’t really seen active track use (or any use for that matter!!) since I have owned it, I don’t think I have done more than 10 on it laps in total!?!!? So it is not like it has had a hard life since I have owned it

Waffle about condition:- I am not going to lie to you, it has the odd fastener missing and/or generic bolts replacing Suzuki ones, a dent in the tank and some panels sprayed!! And the odd niggle here and there, but this is only really at a cosmetic level. All the engine bolts and anything that matters is all proper original Suzuki. It is clear that the previous owner has had all the panels off and lost some of the bolts hence some random fasteners here and there!! I am pretty sure he ‘steetfightered’ it and just bunged the plastics back on for sale (to me). The panels have been sprayed, front fairing better than tail, and it has a few little things missing (like the dashboard surrounding plastic and the little ‘ears’, the panels have the odd crack here and there too. None of this mattered to me as I wanted it as a #2 trackbike. The front wheel has a slight 'ding' but the bike rides good and straight, so you wouldn't know unless I just told you!! Also as point of note, it has bandit front discs.

As you can see from the pics (I’ll take some more as it was a bit dark when I took these) it is far from a s***er!!! It actually looks quite nice, it is only when you get close up do you notice the warts!!

If you are after a minter look on, if you are after a chap SV that has room for titivation over time this is your boy as it seems everything that matters works

I know I have waffled (sorry ops), but I think it is better to be very descriptive so there are no wasted journeys under false pretences!!

Feel free to ask more questions or request close-ups of any area!!

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 05-08-07 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-08-07, 06:28 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: For sale 1999 SV650S Blue £950

New pics

Last edited by Blue_SV650S; 03-08-07 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-08-07, 01:21 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

FYI I have now found and put the lens on the front sidelight - and wired it up so that is all working now. I also have a new set of indicators on the way and will be fitting a proper brake leaver (not the one on it now with the end broke off).

Basically in the next few days, it will be in an MOTable state!!

I have someone who is interested in the bike already (should coming to have a look at the w/e if they are true to their word) , but wants it in the MOT’d state, hence the drive to sort the bits required has already started. They have first dibs, but the bike is still for sale and will have an MOT come the end of next week all being well
Old 05-08-07, 07:03 PM   #4
NewKid

Hi,
Was just wondering if the bike is still for sale? If so i'm interested in it and would like to arrange to come and look at her.
Please let me know.
Thanks
NewKid.
Old 05-08-07, 07:27 PM   #5
Blue_SV650S

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKid View Post
Hi,
Was just wondering if the bike is still for sale? If so i'm interested in it and would like to arrange to come and look at her.
Please let me know.
Thanks
NewKid.
The guy that was gonna come have a look was a no-show in the end, so yep, still for sale.

You have PM
Old 09-08-07, 01:28 PM   #6
Blue_SV650S

Ok, so another chap was interested in the bike, but did an HPI check on it and turns out it was a Cat C back in 2003, which explains the paintjob and scars Anyway that was back in 2003 and it was obviously just cosmetic and has been ridden for 4 years since!!

But as I know now (I didn’t do an HPI when I got it) you now do too

I still think it is a competitive price though as I was selling it at a reduced rate due to its cosmetic appearance (which I think is ok, but it isn’t mint!). ASM_Forever got over £2k in an insurance payout for his 1999 SVS!!

Oh and I have now put a leaver on it (swiped the good one back ) sorted the parklight cover and got new indicators.

It will be going in for its MOT next week
Old 25-08-07, 09:39 PM   #7
Blue_SV650S

Bumpedy bump bump
Old 27-08-07, 02:20 PM   #8
chakraist

totally pm'd
Old 20-09-07, 12:43 PM   #9
hovis