SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-09-16, 10:55 PM   #901
DomP

Default Re: What have you tinkered with today?

Rode my SV 3 metres out of the garage to use the saw bench and not cover it in dust, pushed it back in then rode it back out when i realised i hadnt finished.

Still might go for a blast to Hereford tomorrow.
DomP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 08:48 AM   #902
Craig380
Mega Poster

Did an oil change (not filter), got a 4 litre pack of Shell Advance AX7 for £22 with free delivery which is a pretty good deal, compared to £12 for a single litre bottle from the local Shell station.
Craig380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-16, 09:52 PM   #903
sputnik

Got round to 'fixing' my heated grips. One of them had stopped working and I spotted a wire going into one of the connectors had broken. Stripped the wires, recrimped, re-assembled connectors. Checked and delighted to see the rogue grip warming up nicely. Went out on the bike only to realise that despite being off, the previously dud grip now stayed on permanently! Bah!
Old 07-09-16, 03:20 PM   #904
Bibio
Mega Poster

seat design #5 or is it 6. hopefully i have got it right this time. the one before the OEM gel was almost perfect but had ridges at the thighs which cut circulation after about 50 miles, i have removed these so only a run will tell if its right. once i have the shape right i can take a mould and make a proper one.

i'm also going to reshape the OEM gel as it has the same problem of cutting into the inner thigh but apart from that the foam its made from is good.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-16, 07:23 AM   #905
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
seat design #5 or is it 6. hopefully i have got it right this time. the one before the OEM gel was almost perfect but had ridges at the thighs which cut circulation after about 50 miles, i have removed these so only a run will tell if its right. once i have the shape right i can take a mould and make a proper one.

i'm also going to reshape the OEM gel as it has the same problem of cutting into the inner thigh but apart from that the foam its made from is good.
I just fitted a Suzi gel seat which I bought from orger SteveGod, oh my word, the difference is night and day, the shape is SO much better and the foam more supportive. No more dead @r5e after an hour.
Old 08-09-16, 12:16 PM   #906
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig380 View Post
I just fitted a Suzi gel seat which I bought from orger SteveGod, oh my word, the difference is night and day, the shape is SO much better and the foam more supportive. No more dead @r5e after an hour.
i have a Suzuki gel seat and its fine for about 30 odd miles then it starts to hurt the inner thighs. i found out after i took the cover off to reshape it as i was under the impression that it was full gel foam but there is a proper gel pad inserted at the moulding stage and the transition between the gel and the foam is directly at the inner thigh so when the gel heats up it goes softer but the harder foam that they use does not.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-16, 07:19 AM   #907
Craig380
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i have a Suzuki gel seat and its fine for about 30 odd miles then it starts to hurt the inner thighs.
I didn't get discomfort in that area, but then again I have wide (child bearing ) hips.

I always have to buy jeans that are too big around the waistband, otherwise they don't fit around my hipbones.
Old 10-09-16, 11:11 PM   #908
Benjins

Got rid of the overly large original silencer on my K4 pointy today. Picked up a new high level 350mm oval stainless can from Delkevic and fully expected to have to ride home with it in a backpack. Nice chaps there fitted it for me there and then! Good customer service and am very happy with the result.

Edited now that I found a way to post a pic https://i.imgur.com/O4rx8KG.jpg

Last edited by Benjins; 11-09-16 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Spelling
Benjins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 09:25 AM   #909
Swin

new chain and sprockets, new head bearings, much improved ride
Swin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-16, 09:37 AM   #910
Highlandsv650

What head bearings did you use? I've got tapered ones in my 05 and standard ball bearing type in an 03 I'm converting into a track bike. The steering feels totally different between the two and I wondered if that was the only reason.