SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-08-18, 12:18 PM   #1
isutty5

Default Anyone available for cam chain work? Manchester/Lancashire

Hi, I have sv650 sk3. Cam chain at rear is ****ed as far as I can tell. Removed chain tensioner(spring first) then rest of tensioner to find it's fully extended, pushing screwdriver into the hole I feel no tension, blade just moved forward until it hits a stop, no resistance. Tapping is very noisy but engine runs good. Has to be cam chain.

If anyone is available to do the work in the Manchester/Lancashire area. Please let me know. No one seems to be available!

Cheers
isutty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-18, 01:10 PM   #2
R1ffR4ff
Mega Poster

Default Re: Anyone available for cam chain work? Manchester/Lancashire

There's some info here on adjustment and I've not checked the manual

http://www.bluepoof.com/motorcycles/howto/svs_valves/

but it's one of those jobs that like you I would probably pay some one to do even though I am capable myself.At present I don't have the confidence to do this work but at some later date might do so as I get more used to the SV.I've worked on overhead Cam engines but not with overhead Chains and shimmed valves.

Last edited by R1ffR4ff; 17-08-18 at 01:19 PM.
R1ffR4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-18, 04:33 PM   #3
isutty5

No chance I'm doing it. I lack the tools, time and patience. I'd rather leave it to a pro. I'm not comfortable going further than changing the drive chain and sprockets. I'm a good electronics engineer, but mechanics are not my strong suit.

I'd happily pay reasonable labour prices to get this sorted.
isutty5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-18, 11:39 AM   #4
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Try http://www.boltonmotorcycleworkshop.co.uk/ up in Belmont. I've had nothing but good experiences with Russ.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote