SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-06-11, 11:11 PM   #1
sv4me
Mega Poster

Default Haye vs Klitschko

Well its nearly here, the "fight of the decade" as Sky are billing it doesnt say much for whats to come the rest of this decade methinks.

So who you wanting to win, if you're the least bit interested that is?

I didn't mind Haye in the beginning, being British and adding a bit of spice to heavyweight boxing which has been on its @rse for years. But he now seems willing to say anything to try ramping up sales for his fights. He talked a good talk before the Valuev fight and then thought dancing round the ring for 12 rounds was sufficient.

He's nowhere near as bad as Audley Harrison ofcourse but another Ali he most certainly is not. And not just in the ring either. Where as Ali was witty and people hung off every word he said, Haye makes statements such as the infamous "This fights going to be as one-sided as a gang rape" all the while Klitschko has been charming and shown true class putting up with Hayes BS

So I for one hope Wladimir knocks Haye the f**k out
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 06:12 AM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: Haye vs Klitschko

Nope, I want haye to win, he's a Brit, you back regardless.

All boxers promote themselves with the hype, something I think they are encouraged to do by their management.

Tough fight to call though, could go either way.
Old 30-06-11, 07:18 AM   #3
The Idle Biker

Yeah I agree. Haye hasn't shown much class outside the ring with his PR, but I'll be rooting for him all the same. Its been a long time since anyone really tried to unify the heavyweight belts and I hope he doesn't retire after this if he wins it. I hope he takes on the other Klitschko after and wins that as well.

We can't expect too much classy talk from him anyway, he is a Millwall supporter after all.
Old 30-06-11, 08:01 AM   #4
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Klitschko for me. Haye is a nob, yeah alright being one has made him successful but I want him to get pasted. Full 12 rounds of Klitschko knocking him about and then a knockout on the last round, that would be perfect . Klitschko seems more intelligent, Hayes' snipes in the meetings are just verbal spouting, Klitschko's are more to the point and better thought out...... and funnier, maybe a better strategist?

It's going to be like when dolph ludgren pasted Carl weathers (that right?) in rocky

did any see what haye did to Klitschko in 2006 in the shopping mall when he. was cruiser weight? He is asking to be owned

He'll be like khan, get pasted and still claim he amazing

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis

Last edited by Wideboy; 30-06-11 at 08:07 AM.
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 09:31 AM   #5
Jabba

Haye might lack class out of the ring, but in it he does the stuff.

I'll be rooting for him because he's a Brit, but tbh, I'm not exactly enthused by it. Guess I'll hear the result at some point!
Old 30-06-11, 09:37 AM   #6
BaP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideboy View Post
Klitschko seems more intelligent
You'd be right - I believe he's Dr Klitschko - PhD in Sports Science
Old 30-06-11, 10:38 AM   #7
BigBaddad

Haye, Klitschko bros have been running from any decent opponents for years. Wouldn't be surprised if this ones called off too.
Old 30-06-11, 10:46 AM   #8
Owenski

I thought Haye needed a good pounding before the Valuev fight, but then when he won I was still kinda pleased for him. So this weekend is another win win IMO, if Haye wins then "Yay, rule britania" etc but if he loses "Glad the smug git got what for"
Although that only really works if Dr K redocorates the ring with Haye, if its a points decided fight then I'll be unimpressed regardless of the outcome.
Old 30-06-11, 11:27 AM   #9
Wideboy
Evel Knievel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaP View Post
You'd be right - I believe he's Dr Klitschko - PhD in Sports Science
that explains it

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBaddad View Post
Haye, Klitschko bros have been running from any decent opponents for years. Wouldn't be surprised if this ones called off too.
Haye hasn't really fought anyone decent, johnny ruiz was probably one of the best fights.... I duno could be wrong I don't follow boxing religiously. Haye needs to take klitschko down in the early rounds, don't reckon he'll be able to last past the 6th.... if it went that far

05 DRZ400E
RIP hovis
Wideboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-11, 11:51 AM   #10
Jimmy2Feet

Haye all the way, as he it English, simple as that, but at the same time, i think he is a good bloke. yes he has all the hype, but how many pro sports man/women dont? you need it to get to the place they are!

gona be a really good fight IMO, I think it may go the distance, not too sure though, not watch all too many Klitschko fights.

I cant wait!