SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-14, 10:33 PM   #1
pellow

Default Tank grips? Curvy

Hey all

I'm on the hunt for some decent tank grips for my 2000 SV650s - Had a look on eBay and while there seems loads available for 2003 SV650's onwards I'm struggling to find the ones for my bike... Has anyone got any recommendations / links to where i can pick some up.

All help appreciated.

Martin
Old 24-04-14, 10:48 PM   #2
LiquidFlux

Default Re: Tank Grips?

StompGrips and one other brand are the two frequent recommendations, apparently slight differences between the two.

I went with the StompGrips in clear, I can't say I make good use of them as a daily commuter but I do appreciate them being there, and for what they cost ( 30 - 40 quid iirc, it has been a while ) they're a cheap and easy mod.
Old 24-04-14, 10:51 PM   #3
pellow

Thank you for the help - I'm having trouble finding stomp grips that are specifc to my bike on eBay?
Old 24-04-14, 10:57 PM   #4
LiquidFlux

They do a universal pattern, I've read the second-generation pattern should also apply fine on the first generation.

This is again from memory, a good half a year back, and should be investigated further.
Old 24-04-14, 10:57 PM   #5
Entropy

I went for these - they are just as good as StompGrips and look quite nice on the bike in clear. Black will cover up any mistakes you make with application and leaving bubbles under the grip though. Lol.

https://www.eazi-grip.com/
Old 24-04-14, 11:01 PM   #6
pellow

I think the eazi grips look good - again having a little trouble finding the exact model for my 2000 sv650s - will the one's labelled SV650 (2013) fit? Sorry for the twenty questions just hoping to get ones that will compliment the tank shape.
Old 25-04-14, 12:23 AM   #7
Entropy

Do a Google and you will find YouTube videos that teach you how to apply it. If you heat up the tank and the grip with a hair dryer it will fit on beautifully. Google images might bring up eazi grips on a curvy SV to.

Sent using a device that allows me to coalesce my thoughts with radio frequency waves and transmit them over long distances.
Old 25-04-14, 05:32 AM   #8
Daffy_Duck

I believe that the easigrip are not as sharp as the stomp grips. They claim they are easier on you leathers. And I imagine easier on your thighs if you happen to not have proper letters on for some reason.

stomp grips probably best if you have racing in mind.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Old 25-04-14, 05:35 AM   #9
Daffy_Duck

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...883965&alt=web

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
Old 25-04-14, 05:48 AM   #10
TheRuffellator

I've got the black stomp grips, I got them from here, although mines a pointy you can change the make and model of the bikes with the drop down bars http://www.motorcycle-superstore.co....-traction-pads