SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 20-07-09, 01:45 PM   #1
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Default Oh mighty Org, be my Muse?

I started work on my Recumbent bike frame today, I have the front triangle and the rear sub frame.

It looks very odd with a twenty inch BMX front wheel and twenty six inch Mountain Bike rear, but should be a huge amount of fun when it is finally together. I am still to make my Boom for the Bottom Bracket, which will be mounted on the head tube. Under seat steering has worked out to be overly complicated so I am going with a conventional (?) up front system.

I am so excited, I can't wait until it is finally together and I can go for a blast.

Right my Dear Friends of the Mighty Org, I need a name for this machine. I have already decided on the brand name I am using thanks to the help I am getting from my friend Wayne the Welder, but I need inspiration for a model name. This is a ludicrous idea of a bike and is designed so I can try to over come a chronic pain problem and get fit again, thus losing some weight, gaining self esteem and so I just stop feeling so negative when I look wishfully at my beautiful push bikes.

My last custom made bike is called Bad Dog and that is a conventional touring bike, this is going to be a capable strong and sporty Recumbent, so needs a suitably silly, unusual or down right peculiar name. Almost all ideas are welcomed, but do bear in mind that I have to ride this thing around town, so calling it a Dirty Lezza bike is not really appropriate (Lozzo!)

Once it is together, I shall be blasting around town like a loonie again, I just have to decide what colour I want it. Bad Dog is blue and my Mountain bike is black and yellow. Maybe a girly pink this time...

Incase you do not know what a recumbent bike is, have a look at this or this. However this is just mad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-09, 01:49 PM   #2
Bri w

Default Re: Oh mighty Org, be my Muse?

Eazi Rider?

Or, Lazi Rider?

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-09, 01:58 PM   #3
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

"Janey's bike" any good?

lol, i'll shut up now, dont worry.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-09, 02:33 PM   #4
startrek.steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri w View Post
Eazi Rider?

Or, Lazi Rider?
No Contest!
Lezzie Rider!!!
Old 20-07-09, 03:09 PM   #5
keith_d
Mega Poster

I can't help it ---- "Think of England" because if a bus driver doesn't see you, you're f***ed.

Or perhaps, "The Recumbent Woman" if you fancy something a little more cultured.

Last edited by keith_d; 20-07-09 at 03:10 PM. Reason: one star too many
keith_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-09, 03:14 PM   #6
Von Teese

How about 'Easy rider',

its dirty enough to appeal to you and its true, as the bike is more comfortable x

[edit] oh dammit got beaten to it...mussstt typppe faster!

Last edited by Von Teese; 20-07-09 at 03:15 PM.
Old 20-07-09, 03:43 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by startrek.steve View Post
No Contest!
Lezzie Rider!!!
erm...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayneflakes View Post
but do bear in mind that I have to ride this thing around town, so calling it a Dirty Lezza bike is not really appropriate (Lozzo!)
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-09, 10:30 PM   #8
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
"Janey's bike" any good?
That does appeal, simply because it is straight to the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Teese View Post
How about 'Easy rider',

its dirty enough to appeal to you and its true, as the bike is more comfortable x
Hmm, two votes for easy rider, although the first vote did not imply that I am a dirty tart! You know me so well VT

Other names I have thought about are "Spinning Jenny" because with wheels and sprockets in odd places it frankly looks Lethal!

I was asked today what, if after all of this hard work and research and fettling, I would do if once it is finished it rides like a sick dog? My answer:

It sure looks odd though, as you would expect from a device made in a shed by a mad girl.

Anyway keep the ideas coming. If this thing works out, it will have the name of your choice painted in lovely Inch high letters on it's main tubes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-09, 05:31 AM   #9
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

The Death Trap ?

No, not being nasty, even though my tolerance for cyclists in London is at a huge low at the moment due to the fact that if one is even near us I feel Vixis tense up when she's on the back.

But as its you, I thought it would be kind of cool - paint it black, but get some of the 3M refelective sheet/tape and get lots of skulls/grim reaper silhouettes cut in it (Paul the 6th may be able to help with that), using the play on words of Trap as in Pony Trap to signify a means of transport rather than a fatality waiting to happen.

Or maybe my humour is a touch too dark...

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-09, 05:44 AM   #10
rictus01
Mega Poster

I have no idea of you as a person; having never met, so working just on what you've described and why you're building it..."Inspired Madness" springs to mind
Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote