SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-11-07, 03:15 PM   #1
natcar

Default NEC bike show

Anybody been/going. Will be going on 24th. Is it any good? There is an area where you can test new bikes etc, though I suppose on a saturday not much chance of that without massive queues.
Old 03-11-07, 03:31 PM   #2
StreetHawk

Default Re: NEC bike show

There are a few of us from the Thames Valley section going.. Not sure how good it is as not been before, usual mix of trade stands, gleaming new bikes and scantily clad chicks I suppose
Old 03-11-07, 05:12 PM   #3
Brettus

Default Re: NEC bike show

I went last year and am due there on the 24th, got myself what I think was a bargain so hoping for more this year.
got me a Nitro N1200vx plater replica for £75 with free cap and rucksack. saw it recently retailing for £199, didn't realise it was a replica anything at the time, just thought it was a nice new cheap helmet heh.

Looking for a new helmet myself this year after breaking the aforementioned one
not to mention rest of my gear, work trousers don't offer much protection against tarmac...

Personally I think it's a good day out and seems to support the theory bargains can be had. nice to have a sit on the different bikes too.
Does anyone know if its worth getting an exhaust from there? obviously most likely ordering but are they cheaper there or should i just buy online later when i have more cash?
Brettus is offline   Reply With Quote